Parque das Nações
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Article is written like a travel guide in places (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Parque das Nações
Aerial view of the Parque das Nações riverfront
|• Total||5.44 km2 (2.10 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,900/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|Patron||Our Lady of Navigators|
Parque das Nações (Portuguese pronunciation: [ˈpaɾk(ɨ) dɐʒ nɐˈsõȷ̃ʃ]; English: Park of the Nations) is a Portuguese civil parish (freguesia) of the city of Lisbon. It was created in 2012 from parts of the parishes Santa Maria dos Olivais (Lisbon), Sacavém and Moscavide (both part of Loures municipality). The population in 2011 was 21,025, in an area of 5.44 km². As of 2018, an estimated 31,000 people live in the area, with 30,000 of them employed.
Taking advantage of its geographical position, Parque das Nações also has a brand new marina, Marina Parque das Nações  featuring 600 berths and modern infrastructures, a river pier for cruises or historical vessels and an exclusive pontoon prepared to receive nautical and on land events, and a spot for bird watching as it is sited in the Tagus Estuary, one of the largest and diverse estuaries of Europe.
At the time of the census carried out in 2011, an estimated 21,000 people currently live in the Parque das Nações, which was shared between the Lisbon and Loures municipalities until November 2012. Following a request by local citizens for the municipality of Lisbon to annex the one belonging to Loures, thereby integrating the entire area within the Lisbon municipality, the area is now inside Lisbon and it is the city's most northeastern parish.
- Diário da República. "Law nr. 56/2012, pages 6454-6460" (pdf) (in Portuguese). Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Instituto Nacional de Estatística (INE), Census 2011 results according to the 2013 administrative division of Portugal
- Áreas das freguesias, concelhos, distritos e país
- Azevedo, Virgílio. "Parque das Nações: a cidade de todos os recordes". Expressodate=May 21, 2018. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- "MARINA PARQUE DAS NAÇÕES – A nova marina de Lisboa". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
Media related to Parque das Nações at Wikimedia Commons