This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Euronext: PARRO|
|Industry||wireless / UAV|
|Founder||Christine/M De Tourvel, Jean-Pierre Talvard and Henri Seydoux|
|Products||Handsfree, Loudspeaker, Miniature UAVs|
|Revenue||€243 million, 2014|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Parrot Drones, Parrot Automotive, senseFly,Pix4D, Airinov, Micasense, EOS Innovation|
Parrot SA is a French wireless products manufacturer company based in Paris, France. It was founded in 1994 by Christine/M De Tourvel, Jean-Pierre Talvard and Henri Seydoux. Stock symbol on Paris stock exchange: PARRO and company is currently a member of the CAC Small 90.
The firm specializes in technologies involving voice recognition and signal processing for embedded products and flying robots (also known as drones). It also develops products related to car telephony: Parrot chipsets (including DSP), copyrighted noise reduction and echo canceling algorithms, Bluetooth software stack, end-user applications (Bluetooth hands free car kits). The products are sold to consumers through retailers, and are also incorporated into vehicles with the factory-installed audio system. Parrot's Bluetooth hands free technology can also be found in first mount. Parrot is listed on the Eurolist by Euronext (Compartment B) Paris stock market since 2006 under the symbol PARRO, Code ISIN FR0004038263.
In 1995 Parrot introduced Voicemate, a personal digital assistant with voice recognition. It was used by many visually impaired people, including Stevie Wonder.
In 2000 Parrot launched the first Bluetooth handsfree car kit in partnership with Ericsson.
In 2006, still developing the use of Bluetooth, the company also produced home products like digital photo frames and Hi-Fi wireless speakers.
In 2008, Parrot launched a Design By collection, featuring designers like Andrée Putman, Martin Szekely, Philippe Starck...
In 2012 Parrot bought 57% of Swiss drone company senseFly as well as Swiss imaging company Pix4D. Both companies are spin-offs from EPFL.
In 2014 Parrot introduced the Mini-Drones "Rolling Spider" and "Jumping Sumo" at CES Las Vegas.
In May 2014 at the annual AUVSI conference in Orlando, Parrot announced the AR Drone 3.0, code-named Bebop, permitting YouTube personality Kyle Tarpley from the YouTube channel "AR Drone Show w/ Kyle Tarpley" to live-stream video the day before the conference opened.
Parrot also revealed the option for a Skycontroller, when purchasing the Bebop. The Skycontroller allows the Bebop Drone to fly up to 2 kilometers. The Parrot Bebop Drone is scheduled for a December 2014 release and it comes in blue, red, and yellow.
In 2014 Mr Shahzad Ahmed bought shares In AR.Further,it will expanded as Product in Pakistan. (Source ?)
In 2015, Parrot SA created two subsidiaries: Parrot Drones and Parrot Automotive.
In San Francisco in November 2015, Parrot introduced the Bebop 2 drone.
Parrot purchased shares in 2015 in startups specialized in the drones industry: Airinov, EOS Innovation, Micasense and Iconem.
Other Parrot products
- Parrot Zik(version:1.0;2.0;3): wireless and tactile headphones, dubbed as "the worlds most advanced headphones"
- Parrot Flower Power
- Parrot POT: self-watering pot with sensors and water tank
- Parrot H20: A plant sensor that can give you up to 3 weeks of autonomous irrigation
- Parrot AR Drone: "Bebop" A lightweight electric quadcopter.
- Parrot AR Drone 2.0: A smart phone controlled electric quadcopter
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Parrot Bebop 2
- Parrot Skycontroller - long range remote controller
- Parrot Rolling spider quadcopter
- Parrot Jumping Sumo robot
- Parrot Hydrofoil hybrid toy
- Parrot RNB 6: An Android 2-DIN Infotainment Navigation System running on Android V5.0 Lollipop
- Parrot ASTEROID 1-DIN, Tablet and SMART
- Parrot MINIKIT spearkerphone
- Parrot Driveblue
- Parrot MKi 9000, 9100, 9200
- Parrot CK3100: Bluetooth car kit with LCD screen
- Parrot CK3000
- Parrot Conference: conferencing unit (launched in 2005)
- Parrot Voice Mate: personal digital assistant for blind and impaired people (launched in 1996)
- Parrot partners with senseFly and Pix4D on mapping UAVs - SlashGear
- "Droning On". AOPA Pilot: 62. April 2015.
- "Parrot AR Drone 2.0". Drone Lifestyle.