|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Parrot speaks your language|
|Purpose||Help promote the development of the Parrot process virtual machine (Parrot VM) and related source code|
|Allison Randal, Will Coleda|
It was formed in June 2008 to help promote the development of the Parrot process virtual machine (Parrot VM) and related source code. In addition, it provides a means for companies and organizations to provide funding to Parrot VM related activities. It also licenses the Parrot VM and protects the Parrot VM intellectual property.
Parrot Foundation has been part of Google Code-In and Google Summer of Code, which involve mentoring high school and college age students and teaching them how to successfully contribute to Free and Open source software.
Board of directors
The Parrot Foundation has a board of directors, elected each year by the voting members of the foundation. The current board consists of:
- Jerry Gay, President
- Andrew Whitworth, Vice President
- Jonathan "Duke" Leto, Secretary
- Andrew Whitworth, Treasurer
In order to become a voting member of the Parrot Foundation, the following conditions must be met:
- Make at least two contributions to the project
- Nomination by at least two existing voting members
- Submittal of a signed contributor license agreement
The following companies have donated or sponsored Parrot Foundation:
Current Advisory Board
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 29, 2008. Retrieved July 20, 2009.
- "Parrot Contributor License Agreement 1.0" (PDF).