||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Parrots International is an international charity dedicated to saving parrots.
Parrots International was founded in 2005 as a non-profit organization dedicated to parrots conservation, field research and companion parrot welfare and from that day this organization is working for saving the endangered species of parrots.
Parrots International guarantees that 100% of each donation reaches the specified conservation project. Parrots International is able to accomplish this by remaining an all volunteer organization with no paid staff overhead.
Parrots International develops, funds, and supports an array of conservation projects. Parrots International strives to form strategic cooperative partnerships with organizations and field projects. The majority of Parrots International supported projects are in Central and South American and the Caribbean. Examples include the Spix's macaw; Lear's macaw; Puerto Rican parrot; hyacinth macaw; great green macaw; military macaw; blue-fronted amazon; slender-billed conure; Pfrimer's parakeet; Bahama parrot; and the blue-throated macaw.
Annual parrot symposium
The Parrots International Symposium is the largest annual conference dedicated to parrot conservation, field research and companion parrot welfare. This event is held in May each year.
- "Parrots International Projects". Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Spix's Macaw Fact File". Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Management Plan for the Lear's Macaw" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "The Crown Jewel of Puerto Rico". Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Blue-fronted Amazon Project". Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Slender-billed Conure Project". Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Parrots International Symposium". Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- The Parrots International website
- The Online Magazine of Parrots International
- The Parrots International Annual Symposium of parrot conservation and research