Partha Chatterjee (scholar)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Partha Chatterjee (b. November 5, 1947) is an Indian political theorist and historian. He was the director of the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta from 1997 to 2007 and continues as an honorary professor of political science. He is also a professor of anthropology and South Asian studies at Columbia University and a member of the Subaltern Studies Collective.
He was the Professor of Political Science and served as a Director of the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta and is currently a Professor (Honorary) of the CSSSC and Professor of Anthropology and South Asian Studies at Columbia University in New York. He was a Founder-Member of the Subaltern Studies Collective.
- 1986. Nationalist Thought and the Colonial World. London: Zed Books.
- 1993. The Nation and its Fragments: Colonial and Postcolonial Histories. Princeton University Press.
- 1995. Texts of Power. Minneapolis University of Minnesota Press.
- 1997. A Possible India. New Delhi: Oxford University Press.
- 1997. The Present History of West Bengal. New Delhi: Oxford University Press.
- 2003. A Princely Impostor? The Strange and Universal History of the Kumar of Bhawal. Princeton University Press.
- 2004. The Politics of the Governed: Popular Politics in Most of the World, Columbia University Press.
- 2010. Empire and Nation: Selected Essays 1985-2005, Columbia University Press.
- 2011. Lineages of Political Society: Studies in Postcolonial Democracy, Columbia University Press
- 2012. The Black Hole of Empire: History of a Global Practice of Power, Princeton University Press.
- Chatterjee, Partha. "Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Faculty page: Partha Chatterjee". Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies. www.columbia.edu. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Centre for Social Sciences, Calcutta". www.cssscal.org. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Past Laureates: Fukuoka Prize". Fukuoka. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- Wheeler, William. "Presidential Lectures: Partha Chatterjee". prelectur.stanford.edu. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- Biography of Partha Chatterjee on Columbia University's faculty page
- Member Profile, Committee on Global Thought at Columbia University
- The Two Hats of Partha Chatterjee: An Interview
- Partha Chatterjee: Colonialism, History and Civil Society
-  Towards a Postcolonial Modernity - Asiasource Interview with Partha Chatterjee