Stephen Rosskamm Shalom is a professor of political science at William Paterson University where he has taught since 1977. He is a writer on social and political issues and is a contributor to Znet and Democratic Left. He is on the editorial boards of the Bulletin of Concerned Asian Scholars and the journal New Politics.
He is the author of numerous publications on the Philippines and other political topics including Which Side Are You On?: An Introduction to Politics (Longman, 2002), Imperial Alibis: Rationalizing U.S. Intervention After the Cold War (South End Press, 1993), Deaths in China due to communism propaganda versus reality (1984); The United States and the Philippines: A Study of Neocolonialism (1981); co-editor of The Philippines Reader (South End Press, 1987), Bitter Flowers, Sweet Flowers: East Timor, Indonesia, and the World Community (Rowman & Littlefield, 2001); and editor of Socialist Visions (South End Press, 1983) and Perilous Power: The Middle East & U.S. Foreign Policy: Dialogues on Terror, Democracy, War, and Justice by Noam Chomsky and Gilbert Achcar (Paradigm Publishers, 2007).
He was a contributor to the book "Real Utopia: Participatory Society for the 21st Century" by Chris Spannos (2008).
- "Zcomm » Author » Stephen R. Shalom". zcomm.org. Retrieved 2022-05-20.
- Shalom, Stephen R. (1977-01-01). "Counter-insurgency in the Philippines". Journal of Contemporary Asia. 7 (2): 153–177. doi:10.1080/00472337785390131. ISSN 0047-2336.
- Shalom, Stephen R. (1990-12-01). "Securing the U.S.-Philippine military bases agreement of 1947". Bulletin of Concerned Asian Scholars. 22 (4): 3–12. doi:10.1080/14672715.1990.10413097. ISSN 0007-4810.
- Schirmer, Daniel B.; Shalom, Stephen Rosskamm (1987). The Philippines Reader: A History of Colonialism, Neocolonialism, Dictatorship, and Resistance. South End Press. ISBN 978-0-89608-275-5.
- Shalom, Stephen R. (2011-01-01). "Killing in War and Moral Equality*". Journal of Moral Philosophy. 8 (4): 495–512. doi:10.1163/174552411X592158. ISSN 1745-5243.