|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Partickhill (Scottish Gaelic: A' Bhrae na Partaig) is a district of the city of Glasgow. Located to the north of Partick, south of Hyndland and west of Dowanhill, it contains mixed housing stock of tenemental type property and villa style houses, as well as some terraced homes.
Partickhill railway station closed in 1979 and a new station opened to the south (Partick railway station). Middlefield Special School, which opened in 1907 is in the area, occupying the building of the former Anderston Street School's Cripple Children's Class. The school specialises in the education and care of autistic children.
The area lacks amenities of its own, but is closely located to those available on either Dumbarton Road or Hyndland Road.
Partickhill Bowling and Tennis Club is located on Partickhill Road.
St Kentigern Hostel
St Kentigern's Hostel, formerly Wellpark House and St Peter's College, is a category B listed building in Partickhill. It is a Jacobean-style building, constructed around 1869. It was situated on Partickhill Road and Hyndland Street next to Dowanhill. In 1874, the building became St Peter's College, a seminary for men training to become Roman Catholic priests. In 1877, a small wooden chapel was built behind the house. In 1892, the college was moved to Bearsden. In 1906, the Archdiocese of Glasgow turned the building into a St Kentigern's Hostel, a residence for students at nearby teacher training college. It was run by the Marist Brothers. From 1954 to 1956, the interior of the house was renovated by Gillespie, Kidd & Coia. In the 1960s it was a residence for students at the Notre Dame College of Education in Bearsden. In 1991, flats were built within the property grounds, behind the house. The house became a listed building on 6 February 1989.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199. 181.
- 'Middlefield School' from Glasgow City Archives, Department of Education, Reference: D-ED 5/29/8/162, Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning.
- British listed buildings retrieved 27 February 2015
- Elizabeth Williamson et al. Glasgow (Yale, 1990), p. 369.
- T. A. Fitzpatrick Faith in Education (Ovada Books, 2009) p. 149.
- Sacred Heart Review 22, 21 November 1908, retrieved 27 February 2015
- Records of Gillespie, Kidd and Coia Architects, c1917-1987 from Glasgow School of Art, retrieved 27 February 2015
- The Edinburgh Gazette 15 March 1991 retrieved 27 February 2015
- Historic Environment Scotland, "10 Partickhill Road, St Kentigern's Hostel (front building only) (Category B Listed Building) (LB32893)", retrieved 29 March 2019