Partnership for a New American Economy
The Partnership for a New American Economy is a coalition of business leaders and mayors launched by Michael Bloomberg and Rupert Murdoch to influence public opinion and policymakers toward comprehensive immigration reform. "The partnership will enable Mayors and CEOs to demonstrate to policymakers the vital role that immigration plays in our economy by publishing studies, conducting polls, convening forums, and sponsoring public education campaigns." Among other goals, the partnership will pursue Congress and the White House to enact legislation which will create "a path to legal status for all undocumented immigrants now in the United States". The partnership will seek to influence "by publishing studies, conducting polls, convening forums, and sponsoring public education campaigns".
|Mark Hurd||Chairman, CEO and President of Hewlett-Packard|
|Robert Iger||President and CEO, Walt Disney Co.|
|J.W. Marriott, Jr.||Chairman and CEO of Marriott International, Inc.|
|Jim McNerney||Chairman, President and CEO of Boeing|
|Rupert Murdoch||Chairman, CEO and Founder of News Corporation|
|Julián Castro||Mayor of San Antonio|
|Michael Bloomberg||Former Mayor of New York City|
|Michael Nutter||Mayor of Philadelphia|
|Antonio Villaraigosa||Mayor of Los Angeles|
March for Innovation
The Partnership for a New American Economy is coordinating a "March for Innovation" in 2013 which it describes as a "virtual march on Washington this spring to push for smart, comprehensive immigration reform to attract and keep the best and brightest to fuel innovation and American jobs." The goal is to use tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and Thunderclap, as well as other social media tools, to make their voices heard in the immigration discussion. The March for Innovation has received extensive coverage in technology news publications as well as the mainstream press.
- "MAYOR BLOOMBERG JOINS MAYORS AND BUSINESS LEADERS TO FORM PARTNERSHIP FOR A NEW AMERICAN ECONOMY". New York, NY: NYC.gov. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "Bloomberg, CEOs Push Immigration Reform: NYC Governor, Major CEOs To Join Together To Form Immigration Coalition". CBS/wcbstv.com. 2010-06-24. Archived from the original on June 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "March for Innovation". March for Innovation. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "Act". March for Innovation. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Young, Ken (2013-02-25). "Silicon Valley and NYC Mayor Bloomberg launch ‘March for Innovation’ to help reform US immigration". The Next Web. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Feld, Brad (2013-04-13). "How to support immigration reform: Join the virtual march on Washington". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Quinn, Michelle (2013-04-03). "Tech immigration push is in high gear". Politico. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Allison, Scott (2013-03-23). "Coming to America - The Startup Visa". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-04-18.