|• Type||Municipal council|
|Elevation||439 m (1,440 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Partur is located at  It has an average elevation of 439 metres (1440 feet). Godavari is major river flows through various villages of Partur. Near Dudhana river Upper Dudhana Dam. Bageshvari Sugar Factory,Warfal in Partur. The main source of income is Agriculture. Most of the people in this area are Farmers. Major Crop is Cotton, Arhar, Sorghum, Wheat, Sugar Cane..
In Partur, 14.13% of the population is under 6 years of age. Partur has Female Sex Ratio is of 950 higher than state average of 929.
Schedule Caste (SC) constitutes 10.57% while Schedule Tribe (ST) were 3.77% of total population in Partur.
Partur railway station is located on the Kacheguda-Manmad line under Nanded Division of South Central Railway(SCR) jurisduction. Partur is well connected through rail with Mumbai, Nashik, Pune, Aurangabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Manmad, Latur, Parbhani, Parli Vaijnath, Osmanabad, Mudkhed, Adilabad, Basar, Nizamabad, Daund etc. Ajanta Express between Secunderabad and Manmad is the most prestigious train passing through this station. The Nanded(NED)-Amritsar Sachkhand Express and Madurai-Manmad Express(now Rameswaram-Okha Exp)do not have stop at Partur. the revenue collection of partur railway station is highest among the taluka/tehsil level railway stations on manmad secandarabad railway line.
Partur is well connected to Pune, Aurangabad, Akola, Nanded, Latur, Hyderabad through state road transport. Partur depot of state transport corporation was the most profitable in the year 2010.
Chikalthana Airport located at Aurangabad is nearest Airport (120 km)
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya known as JNVs are a system of alternate schools for gifted students in India is situated in Partur.
Several other schools are listed below:
Marathi & Semi English Medium School
- Swami Vivekanand High School.
- Zila Parishad High School.
- Yoganand high School.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri High School.
- Lalbahadur Shastri Kanya High School.
Urdu Medium School
- Abdul Wahed Bapu Deshmukh High School (Warphal 5 km away from Partur)
- Al-Huda Urdu School.
- Maulana Mohammad Ali Johar Urdu Primary School.
- Dr. Zakir Hussain High School
- Dr. Zakir Hussain Primary School
English Medium School
- Swami Vivekanand Primary School
- Bright Star English Primary & High School
- Maharana Primary School
- Universal peace English school
- New Era international English School
In the recent years several private English Schools have been started for primary and high school education.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Arts, Commerce and Science jr. College. (State Board )
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Arts, Commerce and Science Sr. College. (Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,Aurangabad)
- Bhanudasrao Chavan Arts, Commerce and Science College.(Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,Aurangabad)
- Yoganand jr. college. (Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University,Aurangabad)
- Dr. Zakir Hussain Junior College
Electricity is provided and distributed by Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd. Consumption of electricity is growing faster than production capacity. The largest telephone service provider is the BSNL, which held a monopoly over fixed line and cellular services, and provides fixed line as well as mobile WLL services.
Cell phone coverage is extensive, and the main service providers are AirTel, Vodafone Essar, BSNL, Reliance Communications, Idea Cellular and Tata Indicom. Both GSM and CDMA services are available in the city. BSNL,CyberNext broadband High Speed internet service provides . BSNL and Idea also provides the 3G service in the city.
Partur is the important financial hub in Jalna district. State Bank of Hyderabad is one of the oldest Nationalised bank in City. Many other Banks provides financial services to farmers, businessmen and the residents of the town.
List of the banks in Partur is as follows
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Maharashtra Gramin Bank
- Sangali Urban Co-Operative Bank Ltd.
- Dinadayal Nagri Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Axis Bank Limited
- ICICI Bank
There are 5-6 ATMs, operating in the city.
- Vijaya Urban Multistate Co-operative Credit Society Ltd, Majalgoan
- Dnyanradha Multistate Co.Opp.Credit Society,Beed
- Shubh Kalyan MultiState Co-Op Credit Society Ltd, Havargoan
- Shri Padmavati Mata Multistate Co-Op Credit Society Ltd, Rahuri
- Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Multistate Urban Credit Co-Operative Society Ltd, Majalgaon