Party Animals (TV series)
|Created by||World Productions for BBC|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Original network||BBC Two|
|Original release||31 January – 21 March 2007|
Party Animals tells the story of people involved with the Parliament of the United Kingdom, including researchers, lobbyists and government (at the time Labour) and Conservative Members of Parliament.
Despite reasonably good critical reaction, the show scored poorly in the ratings, attracting only one million viewers. The BBC has not commissioned another series.
In Australia, ABC1 began broadcasting the show from 2 December 2008 on a Tuesday 8:30pm timeslot over the ('non-ratings period') summer break. In the province of Ontario, Canada, TVOntario (Ontario's public educational media organisation), began showing the series in February 2010. In the province of British Columbia, Canada, The Knowledge Network began showing the series in September 2011. In Norway, NRK broadcast the show from May to June 2012. It is currently[when?] streaming on Hulu.
- Andrew Buchan as Scott Foster
- Shelley Conn as Ashika Chandrimani
- Andrea Riseborough as Kirsty MacKenzie
- Matt Smith as Danny Foster
- Patrick Baladi as James Northcote
- Clemency Burton-Hill as Sophie Montgomery
- Pip Carter as Matt Baker
- Raquel Cassidy as Jo Porter
- Colin Salmon as Stephen Templeton
- Peter Wight as George Morgan
- Kika Markham as Vanessa Renfew
- Marian McLoughlin as Barbara Foster
- Emily Beecham as Vienna Lurie
- Guy Flanagan as Felix Carrera
- Nick Sampson as Paul Gaughan