Party Animals (TV series)
|Created by||World Productions for BBC|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Original channel||BBC Two|
|Original release||31 January 2007 – 21 March 2007|
Despite reasonably good critical reaction, the show scored poorly in the ratings, attracting only one million viewers. The BBC has not commissioned another series.
The show featured Matt Smith in his first major television role, portraying the Parliamentary researcher Danny Foster.
In Australia, ABC1 began broadcasting the show from 2 December 2008 on a Tuesday 8:30pm timeslot over the ('non-ratings period') summer break. In the province of Ontario, Canada, TVOntario (Ontario's public educational media organisation), began showing the series in February 2010. In the province of British Columbia, Canada, The Knowledge Network began showing the series in September 2011. In Norway, NRK broadcast the show from May to June 2012. It is currently[when?] streaming on Hulu and Clubcard TV .
- Andrew Buchan as Scott Foster
- Shelley Conn as Ashika Chandrimani
- Andrea Riseborough as Kirsty MacKenzie
- Matt Smith as Danny Foster
- Patrick Baladi as James Northcote
- Clemency Burton-Hill as Sophie Montgomery
- Pip Carter as Matt Baker
- Raquel Cassidy as Jo Porter
- Colin Salmon as Stephen Templeton
- Peter Wight as George Morgan
- Kika Markham as Vanessa Renfew
- Marian McLoughlin as Barbara Foster
- Emily Beecham as Vienna Lurie
- Guy Flanagan as Felix Carrera
- Nick Sampson as Paul Gaughan