Party Heard Around the World
|Party Heard Around the World|
|Studio album by Lonestar|
|Released||April 27, 2010|
|Singles from Party Heard Around the World|
Party Heard Around the World is the eighth studio album by American country music group Lonestar, released on April 27, 2010. It is the band's first studio album since 2006's Mountains. It debuted at #20 on the Billboard Country Albums chart and #100 on the Billboard 200, selling 5,000 copies in its first week. It is the only album to feature Cody Collins on lead vocals since Richie McDonald left in 2007 to pursue a solo career then returned the following year.
Party Heard Around the World is their first and only release with lead vocalist Cody Collins, who joined Lonestar in 2007, after the departure of lead singer Richie McDonald. It is also the first release for Saguaro Road Records.
On March 31, Lonestar gave an exclusive concert for QVC where they performed some of their hit songs, such as “Amazed” and “I’m Already There”, and some selections from Party Heard Around the World.
Lonestar was featured as the first "house band" on The Price Is Right on June 17, 2010. In their appearance, they performed The Price Is Right theme song throughout the show, and "Party Heard Around the World" featured in one of the two showcases.
Blake Boldt of Engine 145 gave the album two-and-a-half stars out of five, calling it "ultimately forgettable fluff" and criticizing Collins' "silky smooth voice [that] barely makes a ripple."
Michael McCall with the Associated Press criticized the album by saying "the revamped country band tries to forge a future by shifting away from its past. No longer portraying themselves as content fathers relaxing on the front porch, Lonestar now prefers combing clubs and beachfronts for love and good times."
|1.||"Beat (I Can Feel Your Heart)"||Michael Britt, Cody Collins, Keech Rainwater, Dean Sams||3:13|
|2.||"Live, Laugh and Love"||Collins, Gary Harrison, Sams||4:01|
|3.||"She Wants What She Wants"||Britt, Rainwater, Sams||3:23|
|4.||"You're the Reason Why"||Britt, Collins, Sams||3:26|
|5.||"Y.O.U."||Britt, Collins, Rainwater, Sams||3:34|
|6.||"Making Memories"||Collins, Greg Crowe, Sams||4:44|
|7.||"The Future"||Brett James, Matt Scannell||3:39|
|8.||"Goodbye Is Goodbye"||Collins, Crowe, Sams||3:19|
|9.||"Let Me Love You"||Dennis Matkosky, Craig Wiseman||3:48|
|10.||"Party Heard Around the World"||Britt, Chris Cavanaugh, Sams||3:24|
- Wal-Mart Exclusive
|11.||"Tough"||Brent Anderson, Brent Baxter, Joel Shewmake||4:08|
|12.||"Mean As You"||Brett James, Kelley Lovelace, Tim Nichols||3:35|
The first single from the album, Let Me Love You was released in early 2008, where it debuted at #60 on the Billboard Charts. In an interview with americajr.com, when asked about the story behind the song, Collins responded by saying "Well, I didn't write the song, but it's basically a love song, [...] It's a guy asking a girl to open up your heart to me. Basically, let me in. A lot of girls don't want to do that these days. They think we're all douche bags. It's nice for a girl to open up to somebody and let somebody in."
You're The Reason Why was released as the second single in March 2010.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||20|
|U.S. Billboard 200||103|
From Party Heard Around the World liner notes.
- Michael Britt — electric guitar, mandolin
- Cody Collins — lead vocals
- Keech Rainwater — drums
- Dean Sams — piano, synthesizer, Hammond B-3 organ, background vocals
- Additional musicians
- Perry Coleman — background vocals
- Eric Darken — percussion
- Larry Franklin — fiddle, mandolin
- Wes Hightower — background vocals
- Mark Hill — bass guitar
- Troy Lancaster — electric guitar
- Billy Panda — acoustic guitar
- Biff Watson — acoustic guitar
- Jeff Balding - engineering
- Mills Logan - engineering
- Lonestar - production
- Justin Niebank - engineering
- Hank Williams - mastering
- "PARTY HEARD AROUND THE WORLD, IN STORES APRIL 27TH". lonestarnow.com. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Lonestar to release new album, Party Heard Around the World, on April 27". americajr.com. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "LONESTAR TO PERFORM EXCLUSIVE CONCERT ON QVC". lonestarnow.com. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Lonestar Visits The Price Is Right". Texas Music Journal. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- Boldt, Blake (26 April 2010). "Album Review: Lonestar - Party Heard Around the World". Engine 145. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- "Review: New Lonestar loses its originality". newsok.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "Party Heard Around The World (with 2 Exclusive Bonus Tracks)". walmart.com. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- Party Heard Around the World (CD Booklet). Lonestar. Saguaro Road Records. 2010. 25490-D.