|Single by Andrew W.K.|
|from the album I Get Wet|
|B-side||"Violent Life" (7")|
|Released||October 29, 2001|
|Andrew W.K. singles chronology|
"Party Hard" is a song by Andrew W.K., first released as a single in 2001 and included on his first album I Get Wet. The song provided Andrew W.K. with his first mainstream hit, reaching number 19 of the UK Singles Charts upon release.
The UK single contained one previously released track ("Make Sex"), one previously unreleased track ("Violent Life") and the video for "Party Hard". A promo single for this song was released to radio stations in the US in 2002. The promo single had the title song, the video for the song and a track titled "Andrew W.K.".
Pitchfork Media ranked the song #129 on its list of the Top 500 tracks of the 2000s. Reviewer Mark Richardson wrote: "Before Red Bull and vodka became fashionable and sports drink companies made the decade all about the pursuit of eXtreme energy, the movement already had its anthem."
The video starts with Andrew WK grooming himself and tying his shoes in a bathroom. Then, he turns on a light switch that turns on lights in a warehouse that has a stage on it. Afterwards, the band performs the song on stage.
The song appeared in notable films, web shows and video games including Stealing Harvard, The Smash Brothers, Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, The Secret Life of Pets and Madden NFL 2003 in addition to the TV spot for the film Monsters University.
Party Hard is used as the walk-on music for Professional Darts Corporation darts player Steve Hine It was formerly played by the now-defunct ECHL's San Francisco Bulls after scoring a goal during home games at the Cow Palace.
This was song was featured in a commercial for Google's Android operating system, titled "And You", on October 15, 2014, as part of its "Be Together. Not the Same." campaign, as well as having been used on a trailer for Disney and Pixar's 2013 CGI film Monsters University a year earlier.
Beginning on October 29, 2015 and following a fan petition, Party Hard is the goal song for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Penguins have, coincidentally, won back-to-back Stanley Cups as NHL Champions with "Party Hard" as their official goal song. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, also began using the goal song full-time during the 2017-18 AHL season. In response, the Texas Revolution began using the song after touchdowns during the 2016 season.
Mercury 588 813 7
All tracks are written by Andrew W.K..
|2.||"Make Sex [AWKGOJ version]"||0:32|
|4.||"Party Hard (Video)"|
Mercury 588 813-2
|UK (The Official Charts Company)||19|
- "Andrew W.K.: Artist Chart History". UK Singles Chart. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- "spreadit.org music". Retrieved February 5, 2009.
- Pitchfork Staff. Staff Lists: The Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s: 200-101. Pitchfork Media. 18 August 2009. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "The Smash Brothers: Episode 8 - The Natural". Youtube. Event occurs at 12:30: East Point Productions. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- THE SOUNDS OF MADDEN NFL™ 2003. EA Sports. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- Steve Hine. Global Darts. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Andrew's Song "Party Hard" Featured in New Google and Android TV Commercial". Andrew W.K. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- Pinchevsky, Tal. "Rocker Andrew W.K. relishes his role in helping rally the Penguins". ESPN. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Wawrow, John; Megargee, Steve. "Back to back champs: Penguins beat Preds 2-0 for Stanley Cup". ESPN. Associated Press. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Offizielle Deutsche Charts". Offizielle Deutsche Charts. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "swedishcharts.com - Andrew W.K. - Party Hard". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 21 October 2015.