|Died||13 August 1977
Malad, Mumbai, India
|Relatives||Anil Biswas (brother)|
Ghosh sang in Hindi and Bengali movies from 1935 to 1951. Hailing from Barisal (now in Bangladesh), she was introduced to playback singing by her brother Anil Biswas. Films in which she featured include Jwar Bhata, Milan, Hamaari Baat and Namaste. In her early career she was associated with New Theatres, Kolkata.
Personal life and death
- Misra, Susheela (2001). Among contemporary musicians. Harman Publishing House. p. 156. ISBN 978-81-86622-46-9.
- "Parul Ghosh". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Da Ranade, Ashok (2006). Hindi film song: music beyond boundaries. Bibliophile South Asia. p. 184. ISBN 978-81-85002-64-4.
- "The Illustrated Weekly of India". 108 (14-26). 1987: 41. ISSN 0019-2430.
- Joshi, G. N. (1984). Down melody lane. Orient Longman. p. 23. ISBN 978-0-86131-175-0.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|