Parvathipuram, Andhra Pradesh
Main road in Parvathipuram
|• MLA||Bobbili Chiranjeevulu|
|• Total||7.24 km2 (2.80 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,400/km2 (19,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Parvathipuram is a municipality in Parvathipuram mandal, located in Vizianagaram district of Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located in Parvathipuram mandal of Parvathipuram revenue division.
Parvathipuram is located at 18°46'N 83°25'E. It has an average elevation of 120 meters (393.7 feet).
As of 2011[update] census, Parvathipuram had a population of 53,844. The total population constitute, 26,811 males and 27,033 females a sex ratio of 1008 females per 1000 males. 5,048 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,607 are boys and 2,441 are girls a ratio of 936 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 79.14% with 38,618 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
Government and politics
Parvathipuram is represented by Parvathipuram (SC) (Assembly constituency) for Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and Araku (Lok Sabha constituency). Bobbili Chiranjeevulu is the present MLA of the constituency representing Telugu Desam Party.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "District Profile". Vizianagaram District Official website. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "DELIMITATION OF PARLIAMENTARY AND ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCIES ORDER, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 22. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "MLA". AP State Portal. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Tenali Assembly 2014 Election Results". Elections.in. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.