Parvathipuram, Andhra Pradesh
Main road in Parvathipuram
|• Body||Parvathipuram Municipality, BUDA|
|• MLA||Alajangi Jogarao|
|• Total||7.24 km2 (2.80 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,400/km2 (19,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Parvathipuram is a Municipality.It is located in Vizianagaram district of Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.It is also a revenue division in Vizianagaram district This Revenue Division shares a border with Srikakulam District and various districts in Odisha.
- 1 Geography
- 2 Demographics
- 3 Government and politics
- 4 Transport
- 5 Tourism Attractions
- 6 Entertainment
- 7 Agriculture
- 8 Climate
- 9 Education
- 10 People from Parvathipuram
- 11 See also
- 12 References
Parvathipuram is located at 18°46'N 83°25'E. It has an average elevation of 120 meters (393.7 feet).
As of 2011[update] census, Parvathipuram had a population of 53,844. The total population constitute, 26,811 males and 27,033 females a sex ratio of 1008 females per 1000 males. 5,048 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,607 are boys and 2,441 are girls a ratio of 936 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 79.14% with 38,618 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
Government and politics
Parvathipuram is represented by Parvathipuram (SC) (Assembly constituency) for Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and Araku (Lok Sabha constituency). Alajangi jogarao is the present MLA of the constituency representing ysr congress Party.
There is Road connectivity between Major towns of Andhrapradesh and Odisha to Parvathipuram. APSRTC is Providing Daily Bus facility to state capital Vijayawada and other major cities Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Rajahmundry, Kakinada of Andhrapradesh and Rayagada in Odisha.
The Nearest Airport is located in Visakhapatnam which is 150 km away from Parvathipuram.
Parvathipuram has many tourist attractions are around and inside the town.
Many Temples are Located around Parvathipuram area Kasi Viswanath temple Addapusila is the oldest historic temple which is located 5 km away from Parvathipuram town.
Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple, Thotapalli is most popularly known as Chinna Tirupathi is famous for Lord Balaji; many pilgrims visit this temple from various states.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church is one of the oldest church in Parvathipuram area which was built in 1888. It is located at Main road Belagam and also a Roman Catholic church is also another attraction in this area.
Dams and Reservoirs
- Janjavathi Rubber Dam/VKM Rubber Dam is located 15 km away from Parvathipuram which is Asia's first rubber dam. The dam is the first one to be completed as part of the ambitious Jalayagnam launched by the Government of Andhrapradesh in 2006.
- Thotapalli reservoir is the largest dam in Parvathipuram revenue division which was built on Nagavali River. This project is bokka child of Chandra Babu Naidu. He laid foundation as CM in 2003 and completed the project as a CM in 2015.Thotapalli Reservoir area is mostly attracting for sightseeing and boating.
- Soundharya Theater
- Sri Venkateswara Picture Palace
- Padhama sri picture palace
- TBR Cinemas
- Dr Sanyasi Raju Municipal Park, Church street
- Jurassic Children Park, Police Quarters
- Railway Park, Belagam
- ITDA Park, Thotapalli
Parvathipuram is agriculture based area here mainly cultivating paddy, cashew nuts, mangoes and other minor crops. Farmers in this area are mainly depending on Janjavathi Rubber Dam and Thotapalli Reservoir for agriculture. Thotapalli Reservoir is also supplying drinking water to Parvathipuram town.
|Climate data for Parvathipuram, Andhra Pradesh|
|Average high °C (°F)||28
|Average low °C (°F)||16.3
|Average rainfall mm (inches)||11
Parvathipuram is a Major Educational Hub for Surrounding Mandals and villages. Here are Many Private, public schools and Junior&Degree colleges are Located.
- Colleges :
- DR.YSR Horticultural University,College of Horticulture,Parvathipuram, Parvathipuram
- Government junior college, Parvathipuram
- Sri Venkateswara Degree college, Parvathipuram
- Gayatri Degree college
- APTWR JR COLLEGE OF EXCELLENCE, Parvathipuram
- Government polytechnic college
- shirdhi sai polytechnic college
- Sri Sa Iram Jr college
- Janahita Degree college
- Bhaskar Junior college
- Vasavi junior college
- DBK Arts & Sci Jr College, Sunki
- Schools :
- Pratibha Excellence school, Parvathipuram
- DVMM School, Parvathipuram
- Lions Eng. Medium school, Parvathipuram
- Kavirayani Public School, Parvathipuram
- St.Peters English Medium School, Parvathipuram
- R.C.M. St Johns boys high school, Parvathipuram
- R.C.M St Josephs Girls High School, Parvatipuram
- Surya teja public school, Parvathipuram
- Suresh Public school, Parvathipuram
- Noble Public school, Parvathipuram
- Bhaskar high School, Parvathipuram
- Janahita Public school, Parvathipuram
- sridhar public school, Parvathipuram
- Viswa Vignana Vidyalayam, Parvathipuram
- Ravindra Bharathi School, Parvathipuram
- Narayana E Techno School, Parvathipuram
- Bharatha Maata High School, Parvathipuram
- Aditya Public School, Parvathipuram
- Sri Krishna Public School, Parvathipuram
- K.P.M High school Kothavalasa parvathipuram
People from Parvathipuram
taddi sathish kumar famous political anchor & journalist and he is nandi awardee
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "District Profile". Vizianagaram District Official website. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 22. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "MLA". AP State Portal. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Tenali Assembly 2014 Election Results". Elections.in. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parvathipuram.|