This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Years active||1970 - present|
Parwiz Sayyād is a celebrated actor, director, and screenwriter of Iranian cinema.
His first film, the comedic Hasan Kachal (1970), or "Hasan the Bald", is well remembered. He gained more fame starring in one of the oldest Iranian TV series "OKTAPUS" playing the role of a well mannered, diplomatic sneaky and soft-spoken board member. His real break came with one of the most famous Iranian TV series "Sarkar Ostovar" when he created and played the role of a naive but street smart country boy "Samad". After this, Sayyad went on to star in the famous "Samad" film series (somewhat reminiscent of the American "Ernest" series). His character, Samad (or Samad Agha, as he demanded others call him), was a prominent comedic icon of Iran during the 1970s. His 1977 film Dead End was entered into the 10th Moscow International Film Festival.
Other noteworthy roles include "Asdollah Mirza" in Daii jan Napelon.
The Iranian Revolution took place shortly after his 7th feature length "Samad" film was released. Sayyad migrated to Los Angeles shortly after the revolution, where he continued to act, write, direct and produce. In 1983, he directed and starred in the film Ferestadeh, which was entered into the 33rd Berlin International Film Festival.
Sayyad is married to Parvin Sayyad and has two daughters, Maryam and Banafsheh.
(As an actor)
- Hasan Kachal (Hasan the Bald) (1970)
- Samad va Ghalicheyeh Hazrat Soleyman (1971)
- Samad va Fulad Zereh Div (1971)
- Khastegar (1971)
- Sattar Khan (film) (1972)
- Samad va Sami, Leila va Leili (1972)
- Samad be Madreseh Miravad (Samad Goes to School) (1973)
- Samad Artist Mishavad (1974)
- Mozaffar (1974)
- Maslakh (1974)
- Asrare Ganje Darreye Jenni (1974)
- Zanburak (1975)
- Samad Khoshbakht Mishavad (1975)
- Dar Ghorbat (1975)
- Daii jan Napelon (My Uncle Napoleon) (1976)
- Bon Bast (Dead End ) (1976) Directed by Parviz Sayyad. Architect, art director and production designer: Amir Farrokh Tehrani
- Samad dar Rahe Ejdeha (1977)
- Samad dar be dar Mishavad (1978)
- Ferestadeh (1983)
- Samad be Jebhe Miravad (1984)
- Samad az Jang bar Migardad (1986)
- On Wings of Eagles (film) (1986)
- Checkpoint (1987)
- Babak and Friends- A First Norooz (2005)
- The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008)
- Liberation (2009)
- Homeland season 3 (TV series) (2012)
|This article about an Iranian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Iranian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|