Pas de deux (film)
|Pas de deux|
|Directed by||Norman McLaren|
|Distributed by||National Film Board of Canada (NFB)|
The film was photographed on high contrast stock, with optical, step-and-repeat printing, for a sensuous and almost stroboscopic appearance. It shows a ballerina (Margaret Mercier) dancing by herself (or rather, with images of herself), before being joined by a male dancer (Vincent Warren), to perform the pas de deux of the title, as choreographed by Ludmilla Chiriaeff.
- Alain, Dubeau (2001). Guide to the Cinema(s) of Canada. Greenwood Press. p. 168. ISBN 978-0-313-29931-5.
- Melnyk, George (2004). One Hundred Years of Canadian Cinema. University of Toronto Press. p. 72. ISBN 978-0-8020-8444-6.
- "DUO". Academy Awards Database. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Bafta Home - The BAFTA site
- Collins, Maynard (1976). Norman McLaren (Canadian film series): Canadian Film Institute. ASIN B0006CVBIW
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a short animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|