Ritchie Highway in Pasadena from the air
Location of Pasadena in Maryland
|• Total||41.7 km2 (16.1 sq mi)|
|• Land||38.7 km2 (14.9 sq mi)|
|• Water||3.1 km2 (1.2 sq mi) 7.31%|
|Elevation||24 m (79 ft)|
|• Density||627.8/km2 (1,626/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||410, 443, 667|
|GNIS feature ID||0590983|
The areas of Lake Shore, Riviera Beach and Pasadena are collectively referred to as Pasadena by residents. As all areas are governed by Anne Arundel County, there is no distinction in services such as fire, police, or public schools. All three areas are encompassed by the 21122 zip code. The collective area population was at 56,441 at the 2010 census.
Pasadena is located at  in northern Anne Arundel County. It is bordered to the north by the city of Baltimore, to the east by the tidal Patapsco River and by Riviera Beach, to the southeast by Lake Shore, to the south by Severna Park, and to the west by Glen Burnie. The original community of Pasadena, shown on USGS topographic maps at the intersection of Pasadena Road and Governor Ritchie Highway (Maryland Route 2), is now assigned by the U.S. Census Bureau to the Severna Park census-designated place, south of the border for the Pasadena CDP, which itself is centered along Mountain Road (Maryland Route 177) and includes the neighborhoods of Ashburn and Green Haven, and extends north along Marley Neck all the way to the Baltimore city line.(39.112809, −76.551871)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 16.1 square miles (41.7 km2). 14.9 square miles (38.7 km2) of it is land, and 1.2 square miles (3.1 km2) of it (7.31%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 24,287 people, 8,546 households, and 6,435 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,632.0 people per square mile (630.1/km2). There were 8,911 housing units at an average density of 611.9/sq mi (236.2/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 86.2% White, 6.9% African American, 0.3% Native American, 2.6% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.6% from other races, and 2.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino people of any race were 4.3% of the population.
There were 8,546 households, out of which 33.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.6% were married couples living together, 11.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.7% were non-families. 17.8% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.84 and the average family size was 3.21.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 24.1% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 30.2% from 25 to 44, 28.4% from 45 to 64, and 8.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36.7 years. For every 100 females, there were 98.2 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $88,035, and the median income for a family was $95,025. Males had a median income of $57,108 versus $49,347 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $34,498. About 2.3% of families and 4.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.1% of those under age 18 and 7.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Brandi Burkhardt, television, film and Broadway actress, vocalist and beauty queen
- Ronnie Dove, pop star during the 1960s, country singer in the 1970s
- Dan Duquette, former general manager of the Baltimore Orioles
- Jim Fassel, former head coach of the NFL New York Giants
- Todd Heap, former tight end for the Baltimore Ravens
- John R. Leopold, former Anne Arundel County Executive
- Mike Newton, pro football player
- Nilah Magruder, award-winning illustrator
Schools and education
- High schools
- Middle schools
- Chesapeake Bay Middle School
- George Fox Middle School
- Elementary schools
- Bodkin Elementary
- Fort Smallwood Elementary School
- High Point Elementary School
- Jacobsville Elementary School
- Lake Shore Elementary School
- Pasadena Elementary School
- Riviera Beach Elementary School
- Solley Elementary School
- Sunset Elementary School
- Mountain Road Library
- Riviera Beach Library
Parks and recreation
- Anne Arundel County Park
- Beachwood Park
- Bodkin Park
- Downs Park
- Fort Smallwood Park
- Lake Waterford Park
- Tick Neck Park
- Weinburg Park
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pasadena CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "P.L. 94-171 County Block Map (2010 Census): Anne Arundel County, MD" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pasadena, Maryland.|