Topographic map of Livingston Island, Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands.
Location of Aitcho Islands in the South Shetland Islands.
|Length||0.45 km (0.28 mi)|
|Width||0.26 km (0.162 mi)|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Pasarel Island (Bulgarian: остров Пасарел, ‘Ostrov Pasarel’ \'os-trov pa-sa-'rel\) is an ice-free island in the Aitcho group on the west side of English Strait in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. The island is situated 900 m (980 yd) northwest of Barrientos Island, 1.35 km (0.84 mi) northeast of Sierra Island and 650 m (710 yd) southeast of Emeline Island. Extending 450 by 260 m (490 by 280 yd). The area was visited by early 19th century sealers.
Pasarel Island is located at. Bulgarian mapping in 2009.
- Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2010. ISBN 978-954-92032-9-5 (First edition 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4)
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Greenwich Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|