|Alma mater||National University of Ireland|
University College Cork
|Thesis||Generalized Metrics and Topology in Logic Programming Semantics (2001)|
|Doctoral advisor||Anthony Karel Seda|
Pascal Hitzler is a German American computer scientist specializing in Semantic Web and Artificial Intelligence. He is endowed Lloyd T. Smith Creativity in Engineering Chair and Director of the Center for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science at Kansas State University, and the founding Editor-in-Chief of the Semantic Web journal and the IOS Press book series Studies on the Semantic Web.
Hitzler received a Diplom in Mathematics from the University of Tübingen in Germany in 1998. He has a PhD in Mathematics from the National University of Ireland, University College Cork, 2001.
Hitzler received the title of 2018 Brage Golding Distinguished Professor of Research during his tenure at Wright State University, where he was endowed NCR Distinguished Professor. From 2004 to 2009 he was at the Institute for Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods at the University of Karlsruhe in Germany. Between 2001 and 2004 he was a postdoctoral researcher at the International Center for Computational Logic at TU Dresden.
Hitzler has published several books as author and editor, including the textbook "Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies" which was awarded an Outstanding Academic Title award in 2010 by the Choice Magazine.
At the 2020 International Semantic Web Conference, he and his co-authors received the SWSA Ten-Year Award by the Semantic Web Science Association, for the publication Prateek Jain, Pascal Hitzler, Amit P. Sheth, Kunal Verma, Peter Z. Yeh, Ontology Alignment for Linked Open Data.
Pascal Hitzler, Markus Krötzsch, Sebastian Rudolph, York Sure, Semantic Web. Grundlagen. Springer textbook, 2008.
Pascal Hitzler, Markus Krötzsch, Sebastian Rudolph, Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies. Textbooks in Computing, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, 2010.
Pascal Hitzler, Anthony K. Seda, Mathematical Aspects of Logic Programming Semantics. Studies in Informatics, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, 2010.
Steffen Hölldobler, Sebastian Bader, Bertram Fronhöfer, Ursula Hans, Pascal Hitzler, Markus Krötzsch, Tobias Pietzsch, Logik und Logikprogrammierung Band 2: Aufgaben und Lösungen. Synchron Verlag, Heidelberg, 2011
Pascal Hitzler, Markus Krötzsch, Sebastian Rudolph, 语义Web技术基础. Tsinghua University Press, 2013.
- "Pascal Hitzler - DBLP".
- "Pascal Hitzler - Math Genealogy".
- "Pascal Hitzler - Google Scholar".
- "Pascal Hitzler designated as engineering chair".
- "Center for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science".
- "IOS Press - Semantic Web Journal".
- "IOS Press - Studies on the Semantic Web".
- ""Thesis Full Text - Hitzler, P. 2001. Generalized metrics and topology in logic programming semantics. PhD Thesis, University College Cork".
- "Brage Golding Distinguished Professor of Research - Wright State University".
- "Pascal Hitzler - Karlsruher Institue for Technologies".
- "Books By Pascal Hitzler - Amazon".
- "Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies - CRC Press".
- Outstanding Academic Titles 2010. CHOICE magazine of the American Library Association. 2011-01-01. p. 841.
- "SWSA Ten-Year Award".
- Hitzler, Pascal; Krötzsch, Markus; Parsia, Bijan; Patel-Schneider, Peter F.; Rudolph, Sebastian (2012-12-11). "OWL 2 Web Ontology Language Primer (Second Edition". OWL 2 Web Ontology Language. World Wide Web Consortium. Retrieved 22 May 2020.