|Alma mater||National University of Ireland|
University College Cork
|Thesis||Generalized Metrics and Topology in Logic Programming Semantics (2001)|
|Doctoral advisor||Anthony Karel Seda|
Pascal Hitzler is a German American computer scientist specializing in Semantic Web and Artificial Intelligence. He is endowed Lloyd T. Smith Creativity in Engineering Chair at Kansas State University, and the founding Editor-in-Chief of the Semantic Web journal
Hitzler received a Diplom (master's degree equivalent) in Mathematics from the University of Tübingen in Germany. He has a PhD in Mathematics from the National University of Ireland, University College Cork.
Hitzler received the title of 2018 Brage Golding Distinguished Professor of Research during his tenure at Wright State University, where he was endowed NCR Distinguished Professor. From 2004 to 2009 he was at the Institute for Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods at the University of Karlsruhe in Germany. Between 2001 and 2004 he was a postdoctoral researcher at the International Center for Computational Logic at TU Dresden.
Hitzler has published several books as author and editor, including the textbook "Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies" which was awarded an Outstanding Academic Title award in 2010 by the Choice Magazine.
- ""Pascal Hitzler - DBLP"".
- ""Pascal Hitzler - Math Genealogy"".
- ""Pascal Hitzler - Google Scholar"".
- ""Pascal Hitzler designated as engineering chair"".
- ""IOS Press - Semantic Web Journal"".
- ""Thesis Full Text - Hitzler, P. 2001. Generalized metrics and topology in logic programming semantics. PhD Thesis, University College Cork".
- "Brage Golding Distinguished Professor of Research - Wright State University".
- ""Pascal Hitzler - Karlsruher Institue for Technologies"".
- ""Books By Pascal Hitzler - Amazon"".
- ""Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies - CRC Press"".
- Outstanding Academic Titles 2010. CHOICE magazine of the American Library Association. 2011-01-01. p. 841.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (October 2019)