|Born||April 19, 1987|
Breisach, West Germany
(now Breisach, Germany)
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg; 12 st)|
|Reach||74.0 in (188 cm)|
|Style||Boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Freestyle Wrestling|
|Fighting out of||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.|
|Rank||Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
Black belt in Judo
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Pascal "Panzer" Krauss (born April 19, 1987) is a retired German mixed martial artist who competed in the welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). His German nickname translates to 'tank' in English.
Early life and education
Krauss was born on April 19, 1987 in Breisach, West Germany. He developed an interest for martial arts was woken when he started boxing at the age of 14. His five-year commitment to the sport earned him a German junior boxing title and a second place in the International German Championships. The latter being the only loss in his 18-fight amateur boxing career. He was also a member in the youth team of Freiburg's first division wrestling club 'RKG Freiburg 2000'. Krauss studied sport science at the University of Freiburg.
Mixed martial arts
After an encounter with German Judo black belt and MMA practioneer Gregor Herb  in 2007 Pascal also started training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) and MMA. He made his professional MMA debut in January 2008 in his native Germany.
In 2009, Pascal spent some time in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to train under BJJ master Roberto “Gordo” Correa. After eight weeks of training alongside Antonio Braga Neto, Rafael dos Anjos, Delson Heleno and MMA-legend Vitor Belfort, amongst others, he was awarded a BJJ blue belt. A 2010 trip to the United States lead Pascal to spend some time at Renzo Gracie's MMA academy in New York City and the Cesar Gracie MMA team  - home to renowned fighters such as Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz and Gilbert Melendez.
After beating John Quinn at the May 22, 2010 Cage Warriors Fighting Championship Right to Fight event he became the Cage Warriors welterweight champion. He succeeded Dan Hardy, who had to vacate the title after signing with the UFC in 2008.
The MMA-website Sherdog released an interview with Pascal on July 24 for their "Prospect Watch"-column. Sherdog also named him in a July 2010 article on 'the top 10 undefeated European prospects'.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
In August 2010, Pascal signed a four-fight contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He was expected to make his promotional debut at UFC 122 in Oberhausen, Germany against the likewise undefeated Kenny Robertson. In mid October, Robertson backed out of the fight due to injury and was replaced by fellow undefeated UFC newcomer Mark Scanlon. Krauss won via unanimous decision.
Krauss was expected to face UFC newcomer Gunnar Nelson on September 29, 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV 5. However, Krauss was forced to pull out of the fight after he received a strong knee strike to the ribcage while sparring and had to be rushed to the hospital after complaining of chest pain. Doctors at Freiburg University Hospital diagnosed him with severely bruised ribs, an inflamed chest muscle and a dislocated vertebra, rendering Krauss unable to compete and was replaced on the card by DaMarques Johnson.
Krauss was expected to face promotional newcomer Adam Khaliev on January 25, 2014 at UFC on Fox 10. However, the bout was scrapped in the weeks leading up to the event as Khaliev had not been granted clearance for the fight.
Championships and accomplishments
- Cage Warriors
- Cage Warriors Welterweight Championship (One time)
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Fight of the Night (Two times)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|13 matches||11 wins||2 losses|
|Loss||11–2||Hyun Gyu Lim||KO (knee and punches)||UFC 164||August 31, 2013||1||3:58||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||11–1||Mike Stumpf||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson||January 26, 2013||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Loss||10–1||John Hathaway||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller||May 5, 2012||3||5:00||East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||10–0||Mark Scanlon||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 122||November 13, 2010||3||5:00||Oberhausen, Germany||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||9–0||John Quinn||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Cage Warriors 37: Right to Fight||May 22, 2010||2||4:47||Birmingham, United Kingdom||Won vacant Cage Warriors Welterweight Championship.|
|Win||8–0||Srdjan Sekulic||TKO (punches)||WFC 9: Restart||December 20, 2009||2||2:24||Ljubljana, Slovenia|
|Win||7–0||Mehdi Mahouche||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Fight Night Freiburg 2||October 10, 2009||1||4:23||Freiburg, Germany|
|Win||6–0||Gökmen Dali||Submission (D'Arce choke)||Shooto: Switzerland 6||September 9, 2009||2||4:33||Zurich, Switzerland|
|Win||5–0||Dominique Stetefeld||Submission (rear-naked choke)||La Onda: Fight Night Special 3||August 23, 2009||1||1:09||Halberstadt, Germany|
|Win||4–0||Kamil Lipinski||TKO (punches)||Hamburger Käfig: Second Strike||March 1, 2009||2||2:33||Hamburg, Germany|
|Win||3–0||Kristian Ozimec||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Fight Night Freiburg||December 6, 2008||1||3:24||Freiburg, Germany|
|Win||2–0||Michael Heist||Submission (americana)||Gorilla Fight 2||April 5, 2008||1||4:45||Mannheim, Germany|
|Win||1–0||Manuel Sagmeister||Submission (kimura)||This is Shido 3||January 27, 2008||1||3:30||Lossburg, Germany|
- "Pascal Krauss joins Roufusport ahead of Hathaway fight". groundandpound.de. 2012-02-28.
- "Pascal Krauss UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- "Sherdog fight record of Gregor Herb". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "Cesar Gracie MMA Team". graciefighter.com. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "Fight report from Fight! magazine". News.fightmagazine.com. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- "Fight report from Mirror.uk.co's MMA blog". Blogs.mirror.co.uk/wrestling-wwe-ufc-mma. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- "Featured Champs, Cage Warriors". Cagewarriors.com. Archived from the original on 2009-11-29. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- "Pascal Krauss at Sherdog Prospect Watch". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2010-07-24.
- "Sherdog's Top 10 Undefeated European prospects". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Pascal Krauss unterschreibt UFC-Vertrag". Groundandpound.de. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- "MMA Junkie News section". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2010-08-20. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Unbeaten newcomers Pascal Krauss and Kenny Robertson targeted for UFC 122". mmajunkie.com. September 10, 2010. Archived from the original on July 18, 2012.
- "Report: British fighter Mark Scanlon replaces injured Kenny Robertson at UFC 122". mmajunkie.com. October 13, 2010. Archived from the original on October 23, 2012.
- "John Hathaway vs. Pascal Krauss set for UFC 138 in England". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-18. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- "Matt Brown replaces Pascal Krauss, meets John Hathaway at UFC 138". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- "John Hathaway vs Pascal Krauss booked for May 5 in New Jersey". mmamania.com. February 6, 2012. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "Pascal Krauss vs Gunnar Nelson added to UFC on Fuel TV 5 in Nottingham". mmajunkie.com. July 9, 2012. Archived from the original on October 6, 2012.
- Steve Marrocco and John Morgan (2012-09-17). "DaMarques Johnson, not Rich Attonito, meets Gunnar Nelson at UFC on FUEL TV 5". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "Pascal Krauss vs. Mike Stumpf joins UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago". mmajunkie.com. November 27, 2012.
- Jan Großöhmigen (2013-06-14). "Pascal Krauss kämpft bei UFC 164". groundandpound.de. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Staff (2013-09-01). "UFC 164 bonuses: Pettis, Mendes, Lim, Krauss win $50,000". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2013-09-03. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- Staff (2013-11-25). "Pascal Krauss vs. Adam Khaliev joins UFC on FOX 10 lineup". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- Staff (2014-01-12). "Pascal Krauss Clarifies Why His UFC on Fox 10 Bout with Adam Khaliev Was Cancelled". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-01-12.