|Meaning||"associated with Passover (or Easter)"|
|Region of origin||Spanish-speaking countries|
|Related names||Pasquale, Pasqual, Pascuale, Pascal, Paschal, Pascale, Pascalle, Paschalis, Pascoe|
Pascual is a Spanish given name and surname, cognate of Italian name Pasquale and French name Pascal. In Catalan-speaking area (including Andorra, Valencia, and Balearic islands) Pascual has the variant Pasqual.
Pascual, like Pasquale/Pasqual/Pascal, derives from the Latin paschalis or pashalis, which means "relating to Easter", from Latin pascha ("Easter"), Greek Πάσχα, Aramaic pasḥā, in turn from the Hebrew pesach, which means "to be born on, or to be associated with, Passover day". Since the Hebrew holiday Passover coincides closely with the later Christian holiday of Easter, the Latin word came to be used for both occasions. In the Katalani Hebrew tradition the name is given to the first born male child.
Pascual may refer to:
- Pascual de Andagoya (1495 - 1548), a Spanish Basque conquistador
- Pascual Jordan (1902 - 1980), a German theoretical and mathematical physicist of Spanish ancestors
- Pascual Madoz (1806 - 1870), a Spanish politician and statistician
- Pascual Orozco (1882 – 1915), a Mexican revolutionary leader
|Region of origin||Spain, Neo-Latin Languages|
|Word/Name||Latin, in turn of Hebrew|
|Meaning||related to Easter|
|Variant(s)||Paschal, Pasquale, Pasqual, Pascal|
- Bernard Pascual (born 1967), French footballer
- Beatriz Pascual Rodríguez, Spanish racewalker
- Camilo Alberto Pascual Lus (born 1934), Cuban baseball player
- Carolina Pascual (born 1976), Spanish rhythmic gymnast
- Claudia Pascual (born 1972), Chilean anthropologist and politician
- Ernest Benach i Pascual (born 1959), President of the Catalan Parliament
- Jake Pascual (born 1988), Filipino basketball player
- Peter Pascual (died 1299), Spanish theologian
- Piolo Pascual (born 1977), Filipino actor, model, musician and film producer
- Ronald Pascual (born 1988), Filipino basketball player
- Virginia Ruano Pascual (born 1973), Spanish professional female tennis player
- Convent of San Pascual, a royal monastery in Aranjuez, Madrid, Spain
- Pascual Boing, a Mexican fruit juice and soft drink company
- Productos alimenticios Pascual, a Panamanian cookie making company
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pascual.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.