Paseka (Olomouc District)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Church of Saint Kunigunde
|• Total||22.84 km2 (8.82 sq mi)|
|Elevation||568 m (1,864 ft)|
|• Density||56/km2 (150/sq mi)|
783 86 až 783 97
The municipality covers an area of 22.84 square kilometres (8.82 sq mi), and has a population of 1,194 (as at 3 July 2006).
- Original name Těchanov, in German Passek. By 31 December 2011 the village had 1289 people.
- In German Karlsdorf originally large independent village, located approx. 2.5 km northeast of Paseka. Only 4 people had permanent address registration in the village in 2001. 111 house numbers were registered in 2009.
- In German Passekgrund originally small village, located approx. 2.5 km in direction Huzova. Only 8 house numbers were registered in 2009.
First written document mentioning the village dated 1317.
- Church of Holy Kunhuta, from the 13th century, rebuilt in the 17th century
- Statue of St. John of Nepomuck from 1735, in front of the church
- Specialized Pulmonary Hospital, opened in 1915, with large park open to public (direction Sovinec)
- Arboretum, founded in 2008, open to public from April till October (direction Sovinec)
- Waterfalls, cascading waterfall, approx. 5 m, can be found in valley stream of Teplicka on the road from Paseka to Huzova (just after the village)
|This Olomouc Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|