This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019)
4747 Flora Avenue
|Teaching staff||35.06 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.18|
Paseo Academy, also referred to as Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts and sometimes Paseo High School, is a magnet performing arts high school located at 4747 Flora Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. It is part of the Kansas City Public Schools.
Paseo Academy is named for Paseo Boulevard, a main street in Kansas City, which is one block west of the school. The school sits on top of a hill with the Kansas City Middle School of the Arts behind it. The old Paseo High School building, designed by Charles A. Smith in 1924 and completed on September 9, 1926, was slated for demolition in 1990. It was not a performing arts school until the current building was built.
Paseo Academy was formerly Paseo High School, which served the Blue Hills neighborhood.
Students are required to pass an audition to be enrolled. They can pick up an audition packet from the school or from the Admissions Office at 1211 McGee in Downtown Kansas City.
- Jeff Cook, former Major League Baseball player-Pittsburgh Pirates, St.Louis Cardinals (1985-1998)
- Brian Kennedy, music producer
- Dick Kenworthy, former MLB player
- Lil' Ronnie, music producer
- Robert Long, admiral
- Robert Lowery, actor
- Angyil McNeal, born Angela McNeal, world champion hip-hop dancer
- Harold O'Neal, music composer
- Anthony Peeler, former NBA player
- Nick Schnebelen, blues rock musician
- Craig Stevens, born Gail Shikles, actor who portrayed Peter Gunn