|Municipality of Pasil|
Map of Kalinga with Pasil highlighted
|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Barangays||14 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Alfredo B. Malannag Jr.|
|• Vice Mayor||Theodoro A. Mosing|
|• Congressman||Allen Jesse C. Mangaoang|
|• Electorate||6,547 voters (2016)|
|• Total||189.00 km2 (72.97 sq mi)|
|• Density||51/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)74|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||62.1 million (2016)|
|Native languages||Kalinga language|
- Balinciagao Norte
- Balanciagao Sur
- Galdang (Casaloan)
- Guina-ang (Poblacion)
|Population census of Pasil|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Pasil, Kalinga, was 9,644 people, with a density of 51 inhabitants per square kilometre or 130 inhabitants per square mile.
In an earlier time, Kabunian–the supreme deity of the Kalinga–left a drop of water upon an ancient tree he passed on one of his travels. This drop trickled down and with a great force akin to magnetism, attracted nearby brooks and rivulets to form what is now called the Pasil River.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Kalinga". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Pasil municipality". Philippine Standard Geographic Code Interactive. Retrieved on 2011-12-20.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Kalinga". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Pasil Municipal Profile". NERBAC Cordillera Administrative Region. Retrieved on 2011-12-20.