27 November 1938|
|Died||18 February 2017
Pasquale Squitieri (27 November 1938 – 18 February 2017) was an Italian film director and screenwriter.
Life and career
Born in Naples, Squitieri graduated in law, then was briefly involved in stage, as author ("La battaglia") and even actor (directed by Francesco Rosi). He made his film debut with Io e Dio, produced by Vittorio De Sica, and, after two spaghetti westerns he signed as William Redford, he focused on drama films centered on political and social issues. His film Il prefetto di ferro won the David di Donatello for Best Film in 1978. Li chiamarono... briganti!, a film about the brigand Carmine Crocco, was suspended from the cinemas and it is not available on the home video market. Squitieri is the partner of Claudia Cardinale from 1974. His 1980 film Savage Breed was entered into the 12th Moscow International Film Festival.
- Io e Dio (1969)
- Vengeance Is a Dish Served Cold (1971)
- Camorra (1972)
- I guappi (1974)
- The Climber (1975)
- Il prefetto di ferro (1977)
- Corleone (1978)
- L'arma (1978)
- Savage Breed (1980)
- Claretta (1984)
- The Repenter (1985)
- Naso di cane (1986) (TV miniseries)
- The Third Solution (1988)
- Gli invisibili (1988)
- Atto di dolore (1990)
- Il colore dell'odio (1990)
- Li chiamarono... briganti! (1999)
- L'avvocato de Gregorio (2003)
- Father (2011)
- Il Mattino. "Lutto nel cinema: è morto Squitieri, sceneggiatore e regista". Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- Roberto Poppi. I registi: dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2002.
- "TV: PRESTO IL NUOVO 'PREFETTO DI FERRO'. PROTAGONISTA VINCENT PEREZ". Yahoo! Notizie. 10 June 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "12th Moscow International Film Festival (1981)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
|This article about an Italian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|