Pasquerilla West Hall (University of Notre Dame)
Coat of arms of Pasquerilla West
|University||University of Notre Dame|
|Motto||Peace, Love, P-Dub|
|Colors||Purple and white|
|Rector||Sr. Mary Jane Hahner, C.S.F.N.|
|Benefactor||Frank and Sylvia Pasquerilla|
|Chapel||Saint Clare of Assisi|
|Major events||Queen Week|
Pasquerilla West is one of the 30 Residence Halls on the campus of the University of Notre Dame and one of the 14 female dorms. It is commonly known as PW or P-Dub. It is located on Mod Quad, between North Dining Hall and its twin dorm Pasquerilla East Hall.
Pasquerilla West Hall was built in 1981 as a gift from Frank J. and Sylvia Pasquerilla to their daughter. Their donation was the largest in the school's history by a living person. Initially, he wanted his gift to the university to be anonymous, but Fr. Theodore Hesburgh convinced him to disclose his name since it might attract other donors. 
Frank J Pasquerilla was an entrepreneur of Italian descent from Johnston, Pennsylvania. He was the president in 1953 and eventually sole owner in 1961 of Crown American construction company, and later invested in shopping malls and hotelsFrank Pasquerilla was a philanthropist for many cultural institutions in the Johnston areas such as the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown and for many Catholic colleges, including Georgetown University and St. Francis College and was Knight Commander of the Order of St. Gregory the Great.
The current rectress is Sr. Mary Jane Hahner, C.S.F.N., M.Div, M.A., who graduated from the Catholic Theological Union with a Master of Divinity and a Master’s degree in Administration from Villanova University. Before her role as rectress, she was a teacher, school principal, and worked with families in the Philadelphia area
Pasquerilla West was the first dorm that was built to house women from the very beginning together with its twin Pasquerilla East. Originally, the two dorms were planned to have a shared chapel, but the idea was scrapped and the chapel in the hall was carved out of a common area. It was also the first dorm to be equipped with air conditioning. Its inhabitants are known as "Purple Weasels", but before the 1990s they were known as "Plaid Wave" or the "Pink Wizards".
Pasquerilla West's signature event is called Queen Week. Every section of PW participates in a number of events and at the end of the week a freshman in the winning section becomes the queen of the dorm.
- Trust, Crown American Realty. "Frank J. Pasquerilla, Crown American Chairman and CEO, Dies at the Age of 72". www.prnewswire.com.
- "The Pittsburgh Press from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on November 23, 1980 · Page 323".
- By MILT FREUDENHEIMAPRIL 27, 1999 (1999-04-27). "Frank Pasquerilla, 72, Builder and Benefactor - The New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- LaGumina, Salvatore J.; Cavaioli, Frank J.; Primeggia, Salvatore; Varacalli, Joseph A. (2 September 2003). "The Italian American Experience: An Encyclopedia". Routledge – via Google Books.
- "Frank Pasquerilla's Obituary on The Frederick News-Post". The Frederick News-Post.
- ENR, ZCR // Marketing Communications: Web // University of Notre Dame. "Pasquerilla West Hall // Division of Student Affairs // University of Notre Dame". Studentaffairs.nd.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- ENR/PAZ // University Communications: Web // University of Notre Dame. "Hall portrait: Pasquerilla West // News // Notre Dame Magazine // University of Notre Dame". Magazine.nd.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-23.