Pass the Plate
|Pass the Plate|
|Starring||Brenda Song (Season 1)
Peyton List (Season 2)
Karan Brar (Season 2)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||16 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Brenda Song|
|Running time||2 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Riverstreet Productions|
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Original airing||October 22, 2007 – present|
Pass the Plate is a multicultural series filmed in ten countries that is produced by Riverstreet Productions in association with Disney Channel. Hosted by The Suite Life on Deck's Brenda Song, the first season of the series included various other Disney Channel performers from all around the world. Season 2, which began on October 8, 2013, is hosted by Jessie & Diary of a Wimpy Kid's Peyton List and Karan Brar.
Rotating on-air each day, Pass the Plate "aims to inspire kids and preteens to lead a healthier lifestyle by sharing cultural and historical facts about food and cooking, while giving emphasis to kids assisting in the preparation of their own meal." Each of the ten segments focuses on the exposition, preparation and health benefits of one food item – mangoes, rice, fish, tomatoes, bananas, grains, vegetables, fruits and spinach - and takes viewers across the globe on a tour of how these foods are enjoyed by kids and families in each country.
"We want our programming to reflect and recognize that everyone shares a responsibility to encourage kids and families to adopt healthy lifestyles. Our ongoing healthy kids initiatives...and especially Pass the Plate...represent our global team's effort to both inform and empower our viewers, showing them how kids just like them around the world enjoy and benefit from healthy foods," Disney Channel's Worldwide President Rich Ross said in a statement.
Culinary educator David Glickman is a consultant to the Pass the Plate series.
Disney's Dragon Club in China
- Episode 1: Rice
- Episode 2: Tomato
- Episode 3: Spinach
- Episode 4: Fish
- Episode 5: Banana
- Episode 6: Mango
- Episode 7: Fish 2
- Episode 8: Vegetables
- Episode 9: Grains
- Episode 10: Fruits
- Episode 11: Cheesemaking
- Episode 12: Urban Farming
- Episode 13: Gluten-free Grains
- Episode 14: Urban Beekeeping
- Episode 15: Aquaponics
- Episode 16: Slide Ranch
The show aired on Disney Channel UK in November 2011. It will be hosted by Gregg Sulkin, Brad Kavanagh, Sydney White and Amy Wren. It will visit the world to find out about what they eat, like China for noodles, or India for curry. Also there will be tips on healthy eating.
Disney Consumer Products in the United Kingdom announced a deal with Tesco in 2007 to launch a line of branded food products featuring Disney characters. All the items would conform to nutritional guidelines and limits.
- "Pass the Plate, An Interstitial Series About Healthy Food Choices, to Premiere on Disney Channels Worldwide". Disney Channel. Laughingplace.com. October 23, 2007. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Tirrell, Meg (October 22, 2007). "Disney to Phase Out Trans Fat in Theme Parks Overseas". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Disney Marks First Anniversary of Food Guidelines with New Programming Content and New Distribution Deals". Business Wire. October 22, 2007. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Amy Crooks (October 13, 2013). "Karan Brar And Peyton List "Pass The Plate"". Disney 411.
- "Disney Channel Medianet - Pass the Plate". Disney Channel. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Bowser, Jacquie (October 22, 2007). "Tesco and Disney launch healthy food range for kids". BrandRepublic. Retrieved August 19, 2011.