Paul Hunter Classic 2011
|Born||1 May 1986|
Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
|Highest ranking||68 (December 2011)|
2011 PTC Event 1
|Best ranking finish||Wildcard round (2010 Shanghai Masters)|
He returned to the main tour in the 2011/2012 season after winning the 2011 ACBS Asian Snooker Championship. Due to being a new player on the tour and therefore unranked he would need to win four qualifying matches to reach the ranking event main draws. He came closest to doing this in the Shanghai Masters where he defeated Adam Duffy, Jimmy Robertson and six-time world champion Steve Davis, before losing in the final round 1–5 to Stephen Lee.
Suwannawat played in 11 of the 12 PTC events throughout the season, with his best finish coming in Event 4 where he beat former world champions Mark Williams and Ken Doherty to reach the quarter-finals before losing to Neil Robertson. This performance largely contributed to him being placed 54 on the PTC Order of Merit, outside of the top 24 who qualified for the Finals. However, his results were good enough to earn him a place on the main tour for the 2012/2013 season. Suwannawat finished the season ranked number 74 in the world.
Suwannawat began the season in the Wuxi Classic Qualifiers. He defeated Michael Wasley and Ben Woollaston, but then lost to Joe Perry in the final qualifying round. After this Suwannawat lost 17 matches in a row and had to wait until February in qualifying for the Welsh Open where he beat Jamie Jones 4–1, before losing to Marco Fu by the same scoreline. Suwannawat's season ended when he was beaten 6–10 by Zhang Anda in the first round of World Championship Qualifying. He dropped 18 places during the campaign to finish it ranked world number 92.
Suwannawat did not enter qualifying for the first two ranking events of the season and after he lost 5–4 in the Shanghai Masters qualifiers to Mohamed Khairy, it was announced by World Snooker that the match was being investigated due to unusual betting patterns. In January 2014, World Snooker stated that its investigation had been completed and the player had no case to answer. Suwannawat only participated in three more events after this, losing his first round match in all of them to be relegated from the tour.
Performance and rankings timeline
|Ranking[nb 1]||[nb 2]||[nb 3]||[nb 2]||[nb 4]||92||[nb 3]|
|Indian Open||Not Held||LQ||A|
|World Open[nb 5]||LQ||A||LQ||LQ||A||A|
|International Championship||Not Held||LQ||A||A|
|Players Championship[nb 6]||NH||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|Variant format tournaments|
|Six-red World Championship||NH||2R||NH||RR||RR||RR|
|Former ranking tournaments|
|Australian Goldfields Open||Not Held||LQ||LQ||A||NH|
|Performance Table Legend|
|LQ||lost in the qualifying draw||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament
(WR = Wildcard round, RR = Round robin)
|QF||lost in the quarter-finals|
|SF||lost in the semi-finals||F||lost in the final||W||won the tournament|
|DNQ||did not qualify for the tournament||A||did not participate in the tournament||WD||withdrew from the tournament|
|NH / Not Held||means an event was not held.|
|NR / Non-Ranking Event||means an event is/was no longer a ranking event.|
|R / Ranking Event||means an event is/was a ranking event.|
|MR / Minor-Ranking Event||means an event is/was a minor-ranking event.|
- From the 2010/2011 season it shows the ranking at the beginning of the season.
- New players on the Main Tour don't have a ranking.
- He was an amateur.
- Players qualified through Players Tour Championship Order of Merit started the season without ranking points.
- The event was called the Grand Prix (2006/2007)
- The event was called the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals (2010/2011–2015/2016)
- "Passakorn Suwannawat – Season 2013/2014". CueTracker – Snooker Database. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Asian Snooker Championships 2011". Cue Sports India. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "Passakorn Suwannawat 2011/2012". Snooker.org. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Order of Merit". Snooker.org. 8 January 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Official World Ranking List for the 2012/2013 Season" (PDF). Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Passakorn Suwannawat 2012/2013". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Betfair World Championship Qualifiers". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Official World Snooker Ranking List For The 2013/2014 Season" (PDF). World Snooker. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Passakorn Suwannawat 2013/2014". Snooker.org. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "Snooker betting probe launched into two Shanghai Masters qualifiers". Metro. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "Snooker betting: Shanghai Masters inquiry closes with no charges". BBC Sport. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Passakorn Suwannawat 2013/2014". Snooker.org. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "World Snooker Rankings After the 2014 World Championship" (PDF). World Snooker. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Ranking History". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 February 2011.