Passing Strangers (1957 song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The song was recorded that year as a duet by Billy Eckstine and Sarah Vaughan, and gave them a minor hit in the United States, where the song reached No. 82 on the Billboard charts. However, it enjoyed greater success in the United Kingdom, where, after initially being released in 1957 and spending two weeks in the UK Singles Chart, it was re-issued in 1969. On this occasion, it spent 15 weeks in the chart and peaked at No. 20.
- "Billy Eckstine And Sarah Vaughan - Passing Strangers - Mercury - UK". 45cat.com. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- "Sarah Vaughan & Billy Eckstine - Passing Strangers / The Door Is Open (Vinyl)". Discogs.com. 1957-05-07. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- "Billy Eckstine & Sarah Vaughan - Passing Strangers (Vinyl)". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- Scott Yanow. "The Complete Sarah Vaughan on Mercury, Vol. 2: Sings Great American Songs (1956-1957) - Sarah Vaughan | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 178. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
|This 1950s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|