Passion Conferences is a Christian organization (also referred to as the 268 Generation, originally named Choice Ministries), founded by Louie Giglio in 1997, known for their annual gatherings of young adults between the ages of 18–25, more specifically college students. The organization is also responsible for sixstepsrecords, the Passion Worship CDs, and the church plant of Passion City Church in Atlanta, GA in 2009. Passion is legally registered in the State of Georgia as the For – Profit LLC "Passion USA 2011, LLC" of Roswell, Georgia. The first conference was Passion '97, and it was held in Austin, Texas. Today, the headquarters are in Atlanta, Georgia. The organization lists its purpose as "...uniting students in worship and prayer for spiritual awakening in this generation," using Isaiah 26:8 as their theme verse: "Yes Lord, walking in the way of Your truth we wait eagerly for You, for Your name and renown are the desire of our souls".
Since its start in ’97, Passion Conferences has operated as a national conference. Then, in 2008, Passion Conferences launched a global tour that visited 17 different cities in 16 countries, kicking off in Kiev, Ukraine and finishing in Sydney, Australia. Since then, Passion Conferences have continued to host gatherings in the United States and all over the world.
In 1985, Louie and Shelley Giglio founded Choice Ministries at Baylor University in Waco, TX. Choice Ministries began as a campus-based student ministry and after 10 years of ministry at Baylor, Louie and Shelley moved to Atlanta, GA. It was here that the Passion Conferences was birthed, while still remaining under the banner of Choice Ministries, Inc.
Driven forward by a desire to gather college students to see a spiritual awakening happen all across the United States and the world, Passion Conferences became a reality in 1997. The first conference took place in Austin, TX where thousands of college aged students came together during January 1–4, 1997.
When Louie and Shelley began Passion Conference in 1997, they did so out of a desire to see the millions of college students  (now over 20 million ) joined together under one banner of exalting the "name and the fame of Jesus." This vision began to take shape and gain momentum under the leadership of Louie and the board of Choice Ministries, Inc. After the first gathering in 97' in Austin, there were six national Passion gatherings (1997, 1998, 1999, 2005, 2006, 2007). These conferences directly united thousands of college students during these years . Also, during this 10-year period, thousands of additional college students connected with Passion through one of several other gatherings, including the OneDay Gatherings in 2000 and 2003  and the Passion Experience Tour, or through the Worship recordings and DVD's produced through Passion that have gone on to be released worldwide.
What then spawned was a movement that has circled the globe. Passion Conferences have gone on multiple world tours, reaching out to 24 different cities in 20 different countries. Passion has launched other tours throughout the years as the movement continues to grow. Some of these tours include: Passion NYC Subway Series, Regionals '07–'08, Passion 2010 University Tour, Passion 2012 University Tour, A Night of Worship with Passion Tour, Passion: Let the Future Begin Tour, and Passion: Take It All Tour 
Passion Conferences was founded by Pastor Louie Giglio. Other speakers that have spoken at Passion Gatherings include: John Piper, Francis Chan, Andy Stanley, Beth Moore, Judah Smith, Christine Caine, Carl Lentz, Lecrae, Gary Haugen, Ben Stuart, and Matt Chandler.
sixstepsrecords  artists form the core group of artists performing at the Passion Gatherings. Those artists include: Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Charlie Hall, Matt Redman, Christy Nockels, Kristian Stanfill, and the Passion Band.
Other artists that have performed at Passion Gatherings in the past are: Brett Younker, Lecrae, Hillsong United, Jesus Culture, Kari Jobe, Tenth Avenue North, Shane and Shane, SonicFlood, Gungor, and Rend Collective.
The men and women who volunteer at the conferences are called door holders. They serve on different teams such as community groups, logistics and registration and are considered to be at the core of the gatherings. They travel from all over the nation to serve at these gatherings. At various times throughout the year Passion City Church has special events for Door Holders.
Special notice has been given to causes, known as Worship + Justice, culminating in 2011 when over 22,000 students at Passion 2011 raised over $1.1 million towards multiple causes and in 2012 $3.3 million towards freedom and over 72,000 signatures were obtained towards a petition for freedom. At Passion 2013 attendees gave over $3.6 million towards various causes, and it was at this conference that Passion Conferences first launched it's partnership with The END IT Movement.
All albums were produced on the Sparrow / sixstepsrecords label unless specifically noted.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Notes|
|Christian Albums||Billboard 200
|1997||Our Souls Desire||—||—||—|
|1998||Live Worship from the 268 Generation||—||—||—|
|1999||Better Is One Day||4||—||—|
|2000||The Road to One Day||3||139||—|
|2000||One Day Live||12||158||—|
|2000||Our Love is Loud||4||77||—|
|2003||Sacred Revolution: Songs From OneDay 03||5||107||—|
|2004||Hymns Ancient and Modern||8||163||—|
|2005||How Great Is Our God||2||74||—|
|2008||God of This City||3||74||—|
|2011||Here for You||1||11||—|
|2013||Let the Future Begin||1||4||—|
|2014||Take It All||1||4||—|
|2015||Even So Come||1||18||—|
|2016||Salvation's Tide Is Rising||1||19||—|
"—" denotes releases that did not chart.
Compilations and other releases
|2006||Passion: The Early Session
|2006||The Best of Passion (So Far)
|2007||Live From Passion07
|2008||A Generation United for His Renown
|2014||Passion: The Essential Collection
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Passion Conferences.|
- Interview Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra. "Q&A: Louie Giglio". ChristianityToday.com. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- Georgia Secretary of State office, control number 10018357
- Baptist Press – Passion '07 kicks off with 21,000 adults in Atlanta – News with a Christian Perspective
- "Passion Conferences". Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- Tweet Email (January 9, 2007). "Passion Conferences to Go International in 2008 | Christian News on Christian Today". Christiantoday.co.uk. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Louie Giglio: The Heart Behind the Passion". Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Passion Conferences "OneDay 03"". Christian Post. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Kristian Stanfill to Lead 26-City "Passion: Take It All" Tour, Kicking Off September 10". the media collective. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "sixstepsrecords". Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Door Holders – Passion 2015". Passion 2015. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Door Holder Teams". Passion 2015. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Passion 2011 Brings in Record High $1.1 Million". Christian Post.
- "College kids vow to end slavery".
- "Christian students fight slavery".
- "Passion 2013 Donates Over $3 Million to Fight Human Trafficking". Christian Post.
- "Passion Conference returns to Philips Arena". WXIA. January 2, 2015.
- "Passion". AllMusic. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Chris Tomlin". Billboard. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "iTunes - Music - Passion: Even So Come (Deluxe Edition) [Live] by Passion". Itunes.apple.com. March 17, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- Russ Breimeier. "The Best of Passion [So Far]". ChristianityToday.com. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Review: The Best Of Passion (So Far) – Passion – Cross Rhythms". Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Review: A Generation United For His Renown – Passion – Cross Rhythms". Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Passion: A Generation United For His Renown". Last.fm. Retrieved January 1, 2015.