This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)
The Passivhaus-Institut (PHI) is responsible for promoting and maintaining the Passivhaus building program. The "Passivhaus Institute" was founded in 1996, and is based and active in Darmstadt, Germany.
The English spelling was used for the Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) when it formed in 2007  originally under the umbrella of the Passivhaus Institute. The two separated in 2012.
Though PHI and PHIUS sustainable design standards are different, they both share common goals for drastic energy conservation and carbon reduction through Sustainable architecture design techniques and specifications to create Low-energy houses and other structures with Low energy building practices for the public benefit worldwide.
- List of low-energy building techniques
- History of passive solar building design
- Energy-efficient landscaping
- Thomson, Emily. "The homes on the rise in Norfolk, but what is a Passivhaus?". Eastern Daily Press. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "Passivhäuser halten Sommerhitze gut stand". EnBauSa News: Energetisch Bauen und Sanieren (in German). Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "Chicago's Most Energy Efficient Home Resides In Hyde Park". CBS Local Chicago. 2018-02-05. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "Mission & History: Passive House Alliance U.S." www.phius.org. Retrieved 2018-05-04.