|Look up password in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term password commonly refers to a secret used for authentication. In the past, the term usually referred to a pre-arranged spoken word or phrase.
Since the advent of the internet in the late 20th century, a password is typically a pre-arranged combination of specific keyboard characters, entered together with a user ID to gain access to a secure or members-only website.
Password may also refer to:
Television and games
- Password (video games), a video game saving method
- Password, a Nigerian record produer
- "Password," a 1964 song by Kitty Wells
- "Password," a song by Kylie Minogue from her 2001 CD single Your Disco Needs You
- Passwords, a 2000 book by French philosopher Jean Baudrillard, published in French as Mots de passe
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Password.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.