Past Life (TV series)
|Created by||David Hudgins|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7 (2 unaired)|
|Running time||44 minutes|
|Original release||February 9 – June 4, 2010|
Past Life is an American crime drama television series which aired on Fox from February 9 to June 4, 2010. The series premiered on Tuesday, February 9 at 9:00 pm Eastern/8:00 pm Central. After the premiere, subsequent airings were broadcast on Thursdays beginning February 11, during the 9:00 pm Eastern/8:00 pm Central timeslot.
The series was created by David Hudgins and inspired by the book The Reincarnationist, a crime thriller by M. J. Rose, whose main character, Josh Ryder, solves a 21st-century crime with memories and clues from his past life in ancient Rome.
Although seven episodes were produced, the series was canceled after three episodes aired due to rapidly declining ratings. The network announced plans to air the remaining episodes on successive Friday nights from May 28 to June 4, 2010. On June 8, Fox announced that they would not air the final two episodes.
- Kelli Giddish as Dr. Kate McGinn
- Nicholas Bishop as Price Whatley
- Richard Schiff as Dr. Malachi Talmadge
- Ravi Patel as Dr. Rishi Karna
|No.||Title||Director||Writer(s)||Viewers (in millions)||Original airdate||Production code|
|1||"Pilot"||Deran Sarafian||David Hudgins||9.07||February 9, 2010||PLF-101|
|Dr. Kate McGinn and her partner, former detective Price Whatley, help Noah who suffers from repressed memories from a past life. Meanwhile Dr. Malachi Talmadge and Dr. Rishi Karna, McGinn and Whatley go in pursuit of a criminal.|
|2||"Dead Man Talking"||Kate Woods||Dave Andron||5.31||February 11, 2010||PLF-105|
|The team meets a young woman named Corrine, who is dealing with addiction. While Corrine is in a regression state, some details of a violent crime are discovered. Then Kate and Price hope to uncover Corrine's involvement in that crime, which could help an innocent death row prisoner from his execution.|
|3||"Soul Music"||Steven DePaul||Sam Humphrey||3.49||February 18, 2010||PLF-106|
|Two people share the same regression episode and the team discover that the couple are star-crossed lovers who rediscover their love. But the team must keep the pair from fulfilling their own destructive pattern.|
|4||"Saint Sarah"||Dean White||Natalie Chaidez||2.32||May 28, 2010||PLF-103|
|Sarah, a young girl who is named a saint by the media, when she manifests physical traumatic past-life memories. She is brought to the team and then she goes from saint to sinner, when the case leads Kate and Price to a serial killer.|
|5||"Gone Daddy Gone"||Deran Sarafian||David Hudgins||2.01||June 4, 2010||PLF-102|
|When an office worker with no previous psychiatric history is accused of stealing, he erupts in a violent outburst, forcing his co-workers to call in the Talmadge team. Kate and Price travel with their patient to Texas only to discover he was involved in a violent crime in a past life.|
|6||"Running On Empty"||Unaired||PLF-107|
|7||"All Fall Down"||Unaired||PLF-104|
In Portugal the series aired on Fox Life Portugal throughout July and August 2010.
In Spain the series aired on laSexta every Sunday until the episode "All Fall Down".
In Italy the series aired on Rai 2 starting from Sunday, January 9, 2011.
In Croatia the series aired on Doma TV starting from Friday, June 16, 2011.
In Bulgaria the series aired on bTV Cinema starting from September 8, 2012 at 20:00.
- Hale, Mike (February 8, 2010). "Reincarnated, and Now the Detective Work Begins". The New York Times. Retrieved February 21, 2010.
- Stanhope, Kate (November 24, 2009). "Fox Lines Up Midseason Premieres". TVGuide.com.
- Littleton, Cynthia; Michael Schneider (May 14, 2009). "Fox adds 'Life' to 2009–10 schedule". Variety.
- ""The Reincarnationist" synopsis". Mjrose.com. July 22, 2007. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- Schneider, Michael (February 19, 2010). "Fox pulls the plug on 'Past Life'". Variety. Retrieved February 21, 2010.
- Ho, Rodney (February 19, 2010). "No surprise: Fox’s ‘Past Life,’ shot mostly in Atlanta, put to death after three episodes". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved February 21, 2010.
- ""Past Life": Struggling FOX TV Show Cancelled after Three Episodes". TV Series Finale. February 19, 2010.
- Hibberd, James (February 19, 2010). "Fox cancels 'Past Life'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Fox Adds "Good Guys" Encores". The Futon Critic. May 21, 2010. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (February 10, 2010). "TV Ratings: Hollywood Week Boosts Idol; Lost Drops; The Forgotten rises". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (February 12, 2010). "Thursday Broadcast Finals: Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist Tick Up, Private Practice, 30 Rock Tick Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 16, 2010.
- "The Team Encounters Star-Crossed Lovers Whose Souls Keep Reuniting On An All-New Past Life Thursday, February 18, On Fox" (Press release). Fox Broadcasting Company. Retrieved February 16, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (February 19, 2010). "TV Ratings: Against Olympics Grey’s Anatomy Hits Lows; Survivor Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 19, 2010.
- "The Team Takes On A Case For The Righteous On An All-New Past Life Thursday, February 25, On Fox" (Press release). Fox Broadcasting Company. Retrieved February 21, 2010.
- "TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen Ratings for Friday, May 28, 2010; Ghost Whisperer ratings, Medium rating, Miami Medical rating, Wife Swap ratings, 20/20 ratings, Friday Night Lights Ratings, Dateline ratings, Good Guys ratings, Past Life ratings, Smallville ratings, - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Fox Sets Sights On Summer; Unveils Summer schedule, slates premiere of ‘The Good Guys'". Broadcasting & Cable. March 9, 2010. Retrieved March 9, 2010.
- "Work Can Be Hazardous To Your Health On An All-New Past Life Thursday, March 4, On Fox" (Press release). Fox Broadcasting Company. Retrieved February 21, 2010.