|Place of origin||Malta|
|Main ingredients||Phyllo-like dough, ricotta or mushy peas|
|Variations||Ricotta, Ġbejna Għawdxija, Chicken, Mushy peas, Nutella|
A pastizz (plural pastizzi) is a traditional savoury pastry from Malta. Pastizzi usually have a filling (tal-ħaxu) either of ricotta (pastizzi tal-irkotta, cheese cake) or mushy peas (pastizzi tal-piżelli, pea cake). Pastizzi are a popular and well-known traditional Maltese food. It should not be confused with the Italian pastizz, better known as U' pastizz 'rtunnar.
Pastizzi are usually diamond-shaped or round-shaped  (known as pastizzi tax-xema' in Maltese) and made with a pastry very much like the Greek phyllo pastry (although there is also a puff pastry version). The pastry is folded in different ways according to the filling. They are typically baked on metal trays in electric or gas ovens in a pastizzerija, usually a small or family concern. They are also sold in bars, cafes and by street vendors.
Pastizzi in the Maltese language
Such is its popularity, the word "pastizzi" has multiple meanings in Maltese. It is used as a euphemism for the female sexual organ, due to its shape, and for describing someone as a "pushover". The Maltese idiom jinbiegħu bħall-pastizzi (selling like pastizzi) is equivalent to the English "selling like hot cakes", to describe a product which seems to have inexhaustible demand. Things which are jinħarġu bħall-pastizzi, coming out like pastizzi, can be said to be emerging at a fast rate, sometimes too quickly. 
- "#1 Pastizzi.com". Pastizzi. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- Gaul, Simon (2007). Malta Gozo & Comino. New Holland Publishing. p. 157. ISBN 978-1-86011-365-9.
- Maltese meat pies Archived 2011-07-28 at the Wayback Machine British Baker, 12 October 2007
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-12-08. Retrieved 2015-12-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Fabri, Ray (2009) Maltese linguistics: a snapshot; in memory of Joseph A. Cremona (1922-2003) Bochum: Brockmeyer ISBN 978-3-8196-0734-9 p.44
- "No candle in the wind". The Times of Malta. 21 June 2003.
- "ThinkSite.eu". Thinksite.eu. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2012-01-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-13. Retrieved 2012-01-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2012-01-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Dibattiti tal-Kamra tad-Deputati (Rapport Uffiċjali u Rivedut): L-Għaxar Parlament, Seduta Nru. 311, It-Tlieta, 1 ta’ Novembru, 2005 Archived 2013-12-24 at the Wayback Machine (in Maltese). Stampat fl-Uffiċċju ta' l-Iskrivan, Kamra tad-Deputati. Accessed January 2012. "Debates of the House of Representatives ... 1 November 2005"