|Place of origin||Malta|
|Main ingredients||Phyllo-like dough, ricotta or mushy peas|
|Variations||Cannoli Ricotta Ġbejna Għawdxija Piżelli|
|Cookbook: Maltese Pastizz (Cheese/Pea cake) Media: Maltese Pastizz (Cheese/Pea cake)|
A pastizz (plural pastizzi) is a traditional savoury pastry from Malta. Pastizzi usually have a filling either of ricotta or mushy peas, and are called pastizzi tal-irkotta' (or cheese cake)', "tal haxu", or pastizzi tal-piżelli' (pea cake). Pastizzi are a popular and well-known Maltese food.
Pastizzi are usually diamond-shaped or round-shaped  and made with a pastry very much like the Greek phyllo pastry (although there is also a puff pastry version). The pastry is folded in different ways according to the filling. They are typically baked on metal trays in electric or gas ovens in a pastizzeria, usually a small or family concern. They are also sold in bars, cafes and by street vendors.
Pastizzi in the Maltese language
Such is its popularity, the word "pastizzi" has multiple meanings in Maltese. It is used as a euphemism for the female sexual organ (due to its shape) and for describing someone as an "idiot". The Maltese expression jinbiegħu bħall-pastizzi (selling like pastizzi) is equivalent to the English "selling like hot cakes", to describe a product which seems to have inexhaustible demand. Things which are jinħarġu bħall-pastizzi (coming out like pastizzi) can be said to be emerging at a fast rate, sometimes too quickly. 
- "#1 Pastizzi.com". Pastizzi. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- Gaul, Simon (2007). Malta Gozo & Comino. New Holland Publishing. p. 157. ISBN 1-86011-365-6.
- Maltese meat pies British Baker, 12 October 2007
- Fabri, Ray (2009) Maltese linguistics: a snapshot; in memory of Joseph A. Cremona (1922-2003) Bochum: Brockmeyer ISBN 978-3-8196-0734-9 p.44
- "No candle in the wind". The Times of Malta. 21 June 2003.
- Dibattiti tal-Kamra tad-Deputati (Rapport Uffiċjali u Rivedut): L-Għaxar Parlament, Seduta Nru. 311, It-Tlieta, 1 ta’ Novembru, 2005 (in Maltese). Stampat fl-Uffiċċju ta' l-Iskrivan, Kamra tad-Deputati. Accessed January 2012. "Debates of the House of Representatives ... 1 November 2005"