Pat Brown (criminal profiler)
|Born||1955 (age 61–62)
New Jersey, USA
|Occupation||Criminal profiler, author, commentator|
|Subject||Crime, chiefly serial killing|
|Notable works||The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths|
Pat Brown (born 1955) is an American writer, criminal profiler and commentator.
Early life and education
Brown wrote about her criminological approach in 2010 in The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths with co-author Bob Andelman. In 2008 she wrote about the psychology of predators in Killing for Sport: Inside the Minds of Serial Killers. She is a co-founder of and a regular contributor to Women in Crime Ink, described by The Wall Street Journal as "a blog worth reading."
Brown has provided crime commentary, profiling, and forensic analysis on national and international TV and radio. She has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, NBC and CBS and has been a guest on "Today", "The Early Show", "Nancy Grace", Jane Velez-Mitchell, HLN "Prime News", "America's Most Wanted", and "Coat to Coast AM". In October 2006, she appeared on The Montel Williams Show to discuss women who unknowingly date wanted criminals. In 2010, she discussed with News Blaze the Flint, Michigan, serial-killer suspect Elias Abuelazam.
In three episodes, she profiled crimes on the weekly Court TV crime show I, Detective She was the host of Discovery Channel's 2004 documentary The Mysterious Death of Cleopatra. She consulted and appeared as a profiler on "Jack the Ripper" (2010) for The Mystery Files.
Brown was a writer for The Crime Library, and a content contributor for the 2005 home DVD edition of Profiler: Season Two and the 2006 DVD release of Quentin Tarantino's crime classic Reservoir Dogs.
- Killing for Sport: Inside the Minds of Serial Killers (Beverly Hills, CA, New Millennium Press, 2003); (updated, Phoenix Books, 2008), ISBN 978-1597775755
- The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths, Brown with Bob Andelman (Hyperion Books, 2010), ISBN 978-1401341268
- How to Save Your Daughter's Life: Straight Talk for Parents from America's Top Criminal Profiler (Deerfield Beach, FL: Health Communications, Inc [HCI], 2012), ISBN 978-0757316692
- The Murder of Cleopatra: History's Greatest Cold Case (Prometheus Books, 2013), ISBN 978-1616146504
The Profiler has been translated and released in Korea as well as in Germany.
- Kandaswamy, Deepa (April 18, 2004). "To Catch a Killer". The Hindu. Chennai, India: N. Ram. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Dystel and Goderich Literary Management. "Meet Pat Brown". The Sexual Homicide Exchange. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- Gerus, Claire. "About Pat Brown". Criminal Profiler Pat Brown. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08.
- Etier, Miss Bob (April 26, 2011). "Book Review: The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths by Pat Brown with Bob Andelman". SeattlePI. Hearst Seattle Media. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- Leggett, Vanessa (March 10, 2008). "Welcome to Women in Crime Ink". Women in Crime Ink. Retrieved 2017-01-15.
- Bright, Beckley (June 2, 2009). "Blog Watch". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 2012-07-15. (subscription required (. ))
- C.J. (December 22, 2009). "Pat Brown analyzes Tiger". Star Tribune. Star Tribune Media Company. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "Rita Cosy Live, "The Murder of Pamela Vitale"". MSNBC. October 18, 2005. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Scarborough Country, "The Runaway Bride"". MSNBC. May 5, 2005. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "LexisNexis News listing". .lexisnexis.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "C2C Guest Pat Brown". Coast to Coast AM. iHeartMedia. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Prince Charming or Dangerous Criminal". The Montel Williams Show. Season 16. Episode 637. September 29, 2006. CBS. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Garland, Rose M. (August 12, 2010). "Interview With Criminal Profiler, Pat Brown on the Flint Michigan Serial Killer". NewsBlaze.
- "I, Detective (TV Series 2001–2006)". IMDb.
- Ashton, Sally-Ann (March 25, 2009). Cleopatra and Egypt. John Wiley & Sons. p. 182. ISBN 978-1-4443-0151-9.
- "Jack the Ripper". Mystery Files. Season 1. Episode 2. February 1, 2010. National Geographic Channel. Archived from the original on 2012-06-15.
- Brown, Pat (May 15, 2011). "Always a Dangerous Mother". Crime Library. Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. Archived from the original on 2013-03-16.
- "TV Guide credits listing". Tvguide.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Celizic, Mike (May 18, 2010). "Meet the ex-housewife who stalks psycho killers". Today. NBC News Digital. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- McKinnell, Julia (October 10, 2012). "'How To Save Your Daughter's Life': lock her up". Maclean's. Rogers Digital Media. Retrieved 2017-01-17.}
- "Korean edition of ''The Profiler''". Bookgom.co.kr. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- The Daily Profiler, Pat Brown's official blog
- Pat Brown at the Internet Movie Database
- Pat Brown Criminal Justice Club
- Criminal Profiler Pat Brown Discusses the Casey Anthony Case, Investigation Discovery, December 12, 2008
- "Three Years Later: Where's Madeleine McCann?" CBSNews, May 3, 2010
- Pat Brown at Library of Congress Authorities, with 3 catalog records