Prior to her election to the House, Colloton served as an alternative delegate to the Republican National Convention in 2004, and a delegate to the Kansas Republican Party Convention in 2003. She was also the Chair of the organizing committee for the Johnson County Republican Committee from 2003-2004.
Colloton has been active in a number of local organizations and is currently a member of the Leawood Chamber of Commerce, Lions Club, Rotary, Women's Club, and the Johnson County Bar and a member of the Kansas Sentencing Commission.
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice (Chair)
- Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight (Chair)
The top 5 donors to Colloton's 2008 campaign are mostly professional organizations:
- 1. Kansans for Lifesaving Cures $1,000
- 2. Kansas Insurance Agents $1,000
- 3. Kansas National Education Assoc $1,000
- 4. Kansas Assoc of Realtors $900
- 5. Kansas Bankers Assoc $800