Pat Finucane Centre
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||For human rights and social change|
|Type||Non-profit, interest group|
|Services||Research and documentation of conflict related-deaths during the Northern Irish conflict, advocacy and lobbying|
The Pat Finucane Centre (PFC) is a human rights advocacy and lobbying entity in Northern Ireland. Named in honour of murdered solicitor Pat Finucane, it operates advice centres in Derry and Newry, dealing mainly with complaints from Irish nationalists and republicans. The PFC promotes a nonviolent ethos, believing that the Northern Irish conflict arose mainly due to the government's failure to uphold Article 7 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
all are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law— Article 7, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The PFC also states that the criminal justice system is not conducive to justice regarding crimes during the Northern Irish conflict, and, following a relative's request, one of the core activities of the PFC is to research and document individual cases of death during the conflict.
- "New inquiry call over Army killings". BBC. 2002-06-11. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Civil Liberties/Human Rights : Pat Finucane Centre for Human Rights (PFC)". Irish Links. 2008-04-20. Archived from the original on November 18, 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "CD for Northern Ireland's Pat Finucane Centre". Green Left Weekly. Cultural Dissent (350). 1999-02-24.
- "Widow opens Newry's Pat Finucane Centre". The Newry Democrat. 2006-12-12. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "UK: Northern Ireland Software centre plans under fire". BBC. 1999-08-25. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Family seek answers over shooting". BBC. 2002-10-25. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|