Pat Gelsinger is the Chief Executive Officer of VMware as of September 2012. Prior to becoming CEO of VMware he was President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products at EMC. Before joining EMC, he was the first Chief Technology Officer of Intel Corporation and Senior Vice-president and General Manager of the Digital Enterprise Group at Intel.
Gelsinger is also author of Balancing Your Family, Faith, & Work and coauthor of Programming the 80386.
In September 2009, Pat Gelsinger left Intel to join EMC.
- Crawford, John H.; Gelsinger, Patrick P. (1991). Programming the 80386. Sybex Inc. ISBN 978-0895883810.
- Gelsinger, Pat (2003). Balancing Your Family, Faith & Work. David C. Cook. ISBN 978-0781438995.
- Gelsinger, Pat (2008). The Juggling Act: Bringing Balance to Your Faith, Family, and Work. David C. Cook. ISBN 978-1434768742.
- VMware. "Pat Gelsinger Chief Executive Officer". VMware. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Kevin McLaughlin (December 13, 2013), "Microsoft CEO Drama Intensifies As VMware, Qualcomm Execs Surface As Candidates", Computer Reseller News
- Kara Swisher (December 11, 2013), "With Microsoft CEO Race in Home Stretch and Mulally Fading, Here's My Dark-Horse Pick: VMware's Gelsinger", All Things D, The Wall Street Journal
- Ed McKernan (December 13, 2013), "Will Microsoft Hire Pat Gelsinger And Merge Wintel?", Seeking Alpha (online)
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|