This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
December 22, 1971
Mastroianni was born in Toronto, Ontario. At 13, he tried out for the Degrassi series, and was subsequently cast as Joey Jeremiah. In 1988, Mastroianni won a Gemini Award for Best Continuing Actor in a Leading Role. After Degrassi High ended in 1992, Mastroianni worked as a waiter and a paver in his father's construction business, and gave up college for acting when his university mandated that he devote all his time to his studies. He had roles in several Canadian productions, including Liberty Street and Music Works. Though he was quoted as saying in 1998 that there was "very little" chance for a Degrassi sequel, Degrassi: The Next Generation began in 2001, where Mastroianni reprised his role as Joey for five seasons. He announced on his website that after three seasons of Degrassi Junior High, two more of Degrassi High and five seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation he is no longer going to portray Joey Jeremiah; he wanted to continue his acting career on other projects.
Mastroianni continues acting and living in Toronto. He is of Italian heritage.
Mastroianni was a guest star on the supernatural medical drama Saving Hope.
- Degrassi Junior High (1987 TV series)
- Degrassi High (1989 TV series)
- Degrassi Talks (1992 TV series)
- School's Out (1992 made-for-TV film)
- Liberty Street (1994 TV series)
- Music Works (1996 TV series)
- Godzilla (1998 film)
- Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001 TV series; appeared 2001, and 2002−2006)
- Mayday (2003 TV series, episode "Flying Blind")
- Playmakers (2003 TV series)
- Beautiful People (2006 TV series, episode "Flashback to the Future" as Greg)
- Russian Roulette (2005 game show, Canadian version)
- 40 Is the New 20 (2009 movie)
- Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure (2011 direct-to-video film)
|This article about a Canadian film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|