Pat McGee Band
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pat McGee Band
|Origin||Richmond, Virginia, USA|
|Associated acts||Getaway Car|
Chris "Crix" Reardon
Jonathan Bryan Williams
Patrick "Trick" McAloon
|Past members||John Small|
The Pat McGee Band is a rock band from Richmond, Virginia. Formed by frontman Pat McGee, who attended Longwood College in Farmville, VA. On the heels of his solo release From the Wood in 1995, the Pat McGee Band signed with Warner Bros. Records subsidiary Giant Records in 1999. Shine, the band's major-label debut, was released in 2000 with the national singles "Runaway" and "Rebecca". After two years of delays, the band released their second album with Warner, Save Me, in 2004. The band was dropped from the label that year and picked up by Kirtland Records. An enhanced Save Me is now being distributed through Kirtland with the radio single "Must Have Been Love".
Former guitarist and vocalist Al Walsh left the band in an amicable split at the end of 2001. Keyboardist and vocalist Jonathan Bryan Williams left in 2003 but rejoined the band in late 2005. Both were significant contributors to the band's sound, particularly in the form of backing vocals. The band didn't see another background vocalist until the 2003 addition of keyboardist/guitarist Todd Wright.
Longtime bassist John Small left the band in 2004. With Jonathan's return, Todd Wright has left the band. Todd is now finding success as the front man of his own band, Getaway Car, where he's backed by guitarist Matt Miceli and Crix Reardon - while still a part of Pat McGee Band - on bass.
Drummer Chris Williams died peacefully in his home October 28, 2006.
As of 2008, Matt "Chew" Calvarese has increasingly sat in as the band's new drummer.
- 1995 - From the Wood (Pat McGee solo release)
- 1997 - Revel (independent release)
- 1999 - General Admission (independent release)
- 2000 - Shine
- 2004 - Save Me
- 2004 - Drive-By Romance iTunes and Napster-only EP of mostly live tracks to promote Save Me
- 2005 - Save Me (Kirtland re-release)
- 2006 - Vintage Stages Live live concert CD/DVD set
- 2007 - These Days (The Virginia Sessions) (independent release)
- 2009 - These Days (The Virginia Sessions) (Rock Ridge Music as Pat McGee solo)
- 2009 - Live From The Southland (Rock Ridge Music as Pat McGee solo)
- 2011 - No Wrong Way to Make it Right (independent release)
- 2015 - Pat McGee (independent release)
- Additional appearances