|Member of the West Virginia House of Delegates
from the 1st district
December 1, 2014
|Preceded by||Ronnie Jones|
December 1, 2008 – December 1, 2010
|Succeeded by||Ronnie Jones|
October 22, 1979 |
Enid, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Alma mater||United States Air Force
Pat McGeehan is a Republican member of the West Virginia House of Delegates and a former candidate for the United States Senate election in West Virginia, 2014.
From 1998 to 2006, McGeehan served in the United States Air Force as an Intelligence Officer and Captain, and served tours in Afghanistan. After leaving the military, McGeehan joined the business sector. In 2006 he became President of Mountain State Packaging Incorporated in Newell, West Virginia, and in 2007 became President of Panhandle Industries in Weirton, West Virginia. Currently, he works as account director for Frontier Communications.
As a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, McGeehan served on the Constitutional Revision Committee, the Enrolled Bills Committee and the Government Organization Committee.
In 2012 he released a book entitled Printing Our Way to Poverty: The Consequences of American Inflation, which received strong praise from Congressman and former Presidential candidate Ron Paul, as well as economist Dr. Andrew Young.
On January 25, 2014, McGeehan suspended his Senate campaign and filed to run for his former seat in the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2014. McGeehan won election to his former seat in the November 4 general election.
In June 2017 McGeehan's book, Stoicism and the Statehouse: An Old Philosophy Serving a New Idea was published. In the book McGeehan draws upon the ancient Stoics for advancing political freedom.
- Capito draws primary challenge in West Virginia Senate race | The Daily Caller
- Patrick McGeehan - Ballotpedia
- Pat McGeehan versus Charleston - Campaign for Liberty
- "2010 Primary Results" (PDF). West Virginia. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 15, 2011. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "State And County Election Results". West Virginia Secretary of State. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Ron Paul praises McGeehan economics book - SalemNews.net
- Huba, Stephen (April 10, 2013). "McGeehan runs for Senate seat". The Review. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-07-07. Retrieved 2013-06-28.
- (November 5, 2014) - "Hancock, Brooke Voters Choose 3 New Republican Leaders for W.Va. House". WTOV Steubenville. Retrieved December 17, 2014.