||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Co-Chair of the Socialist Party USA|
October 18, 2015
Serving with Stephanie Cholensky
|Preceded by||Mimi Soltysik|
|Member of the Red Bank Regional High School Board of Education for Red Bank|
January 2, 2013
|Preceded by||Nilsa Samol|
|State Secretary of the
Socialist Party of New Jersey
March 5, 2017
|Preceded by||Greg Pason|
July 10, 2011 – December 1, 2015
|Succeeded by||Greg Pason|
April 28, 1993
Red Bank, New Jersey
|Political party||Socialist Party USA|
|Residence||Red Bank, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||Academy of Allied Health & Science|
Patrick "Pat" Noble (born April 28, 1993) is a democratic socialist politician in the United States who is the National Co-Chair of the Socialist Party USA, having been elected by the 2015 SPUSA National Convention in Milwaukee. Noble serves concurrently as the party's National Treasurer since 2013 and as State Secretary of the Socialist Party of New Jersey since 2017. He previously served as State Secretary of the Socialist Party of New Jersey from 2011 to 2015 and National Committee member from 2013 to 2015.
Noble was the plaintiff in a 2013 lawsuit against New Jersey Secretary of State Kim Guadagno over the latter's refusal to allow voters in New Jersey to register their affiliation with the Socialist Party of New Jersey. The lawsuit was ultimately successful, with the State agreeing in March 2014 to grant voter registration abilities to the SPNJ.
Since 2013, Noble has served as a member of the Red Bank Regional High School Board of Education. Along with US Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Seattle City Councilwoman Kshama Sawant (SAlt), Noble is one of three elected officials in the United States that identify as a socialist, as well as the only member of the Socialist Party USA currently holding elected office. Noble won election in a two-person race against the incumbent in 2012 and was re-elected unopposed in 2015.
|Republican||Lillian Burry (inc.)||55,140||26.60%|
|Democratic||Amy Mallet (inc.)||46,563||22.46%|
|Non-partisan||Nilsa Samol (inc.)||980||45.22%|
|Non-partisan||Patrick Noble (inc.)||1,103||97.78|
- "Ballot Access News - New Jersey Socialist Party Sues to Enable Voters to Register as Socialist Party Members". Ballot-access.org. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "Ballot Access News - New Jersey Election Officials Will Allow Voters to Register into Socialist Party and Will Keep a Tally". ballot-access.org. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "Socialist WebZine: Green Shoots of Red Electoralism". socialistwebzine.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "OFFICE OF THE COUNTY CLERK - M. CLAIRE FRENCH : MONMOUTH COUNTY : OFFICIAL ELECTION RESULTS" (PDF). Assets01.aws.connect.clarityelections.com. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "M. CLAIRE FRENCH : OFFICE OF THE COUNTY CLERK OF MONMOUTH : OFFICIAL ELECTION RESULTS" (PDF). Assets01.aws.connect.clarityelections.com. Retrieved 2015-10-30.