|Member of the Iowa Senate
from the 30 district
|Preceded by||Mary Kramer|
|Succeeded by||Charles Schneider|
June 17, 1957|
|Died||October 15, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
|Residence||West Des Moines, Iowa|
|Alma mater||Central Missouri State University (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Former Public and Government Relations Executive|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Petricia S. "Pat" Ward (June 17, 1957 – October 15, 2012) was an Iowa State Senator from the 30th District. A Republican, her service in the Iowa Senate began in 2004, when she won a special election to fill the vacancy left when Mary Kramer was appointed to be U.S. Ambassador to Barbados. It ended with her death in 2012. She had a B.S. in Business and Legal Studies from Central Missouri State University.
Ward served on several committees in the Iowa Senate - the Commerce committee; the Environment and Energy Independence; the Judiciary committee; the Ways and Means committee; the Government Oversight committee, where she was the ranking member; and the Labor and Business Relations committee, where she was the ranking member.
Ward ran unopposed in the Iowa Senate District 30 Republican Primary on June 8, 2004, and she took 62% of the vote in the general election November 2, 2004, defeating both Satro Narayan (Democrat) and Sean Edward Martin (Libertarian).
Ward was last re-elected in 2008 with 21,842 votes, running unopposed. Ward was running for re-election when she died and remained on the November 2012 ballot. At the time of her death, she was serving as the Assistant Minority Leader of the Iowa Senate. As ballots for the 2012 election were already printed, she remained on the ballot for the election. State law mandated a special election be held to determine Ward's successor, which was held on December 11, 2012.
On October 15, 2012, Iowa state officials announced that Ward had died at the age of 55 following a battle with breast cancer. 
- Senator Pat Ward official Iowa Legislature site
- Senator Pat Ward official Iowa General Assembly site
- Senator Pat Ward at Iowa Senate Republican Caucus
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- "UNI Governmental Relations". Uni.edu. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Chester J. Culver (June 23, 2004). "ELECTION: 2004 Primary Election (6/8/2004)" (PDF). sos.iowa.gov. Retrieved May 31, 2012.
- Chester J. Culver (December 6, 2004). "ELECTION: 2004 General Election (11/2/2004)" (PDF). sos.iowa.gov. Retrieved May 31, 2012.
- "Iowa Secretary of State - Matt Schultz" (PDF). Sos.state.ia.us. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Petroski, William (October 15, 2012). "Iowa State Sen. Pat Ward, 55, dies after battling breast cancer". Des Moines Register. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- Robinson, Craig (October 15, 2012). "Special Election Senate District 22 Set for December 11". The Iowa Republican. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- Jody Gifford (October 15, 2012). "Iowa Senator Pat Ward Has Died". waukee.patch.com. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
2004 – 2012