Pataliputra (Lok Sabha constituency)
Pataliputra (Lok Sabha constituency) (Hindi: पाटलिपुत्र लोकसभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency is located in Patna district in Bihar. Until 2008, there was only one Lok Sabha seat for Patna, capital of Bihar. In the reorganisation effected that year, the city was awarded two seats, named Pataliputra (after the city's ancient name) and Patna Sahib. Pataliputra constituency has a total of 16.5 lakh electorate out of which 5 lakh are Yadavs, 3 lakh are Bhumihars.
Assembly constituencies in Pataliputra (Lok Sabha constituency):
Members of Parliament
|2009||Ranjan Prasad Yadav||Janata Dal (United)|
|2014||Ram Kripal Yadav||Bharatiya Janata Party|
General election 2014
|BJP||Ram Kripal Yadav||3,83,262||39.16||N/A|
|JD(U)||Ranjan Prasad Yadav||97,228||9.93||-32.93|
|CPI(ML) Liberation||Rameshwar Prasad||51,623||5.27||-0.59|
|BJP gain from JD(U)||Swing||+22.69|
General election 2009
|JD(U)||Ranjan Prasad Yadav||2,69,298||42.86|
|RJD||Lalu Prasad Yadav||2,45,757||39.11|
|CPI(ML) Liberation||Rameshwar Prasad||36,837||5.86|
|INC||Vijay Singh Yadav||18,504||2.94|
|BSP||Harendra Kumar Patel||14,269||2.27|
|Independent||Sunil Kumar Singh||10,882||1.73|
|Independent||Durgesh Nandan Singh||6,465||1.02|
|LTSD||Mohammad Aftab Alam||6,312||1.00|
|ANC||Hasan Manzoor Hashmi||5,580||0.88|
|Forward Bloc||Mohammad Sadruddin||1,950||0.31|
|BJKD||Dr. Krishnadhar Singh||1,245||0.19|
|JD(U) win (new seat)|
- "General Election 2009 Assembly constituencies". Pataliputra. India elections.co.in. Retrieved 2009-05-20.
- "Constituencywise-All Candidates". Eciresults.nic.in. 2014-05-17. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "General Election of India 2014, Constituencywise detail result" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 75. Retrieved 2015-09-23.
- "Parliamentary Constituency wise Turnout for General Election - 2014". ECI New Delhi. Archived from the original on June 6, 2014. Retrieved 2015-09-23.
- "General Election 2009". Pataliputra. India elections.co.in. Retrieved 2009-05-20.