|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kotputli|
Patan is a city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. In the 12th century, it became the centre of a minor state called Tanwarawati or Torawati (after Tanwar/Tomar the clan name) ruled by the Tomara clan the chief of which the Rao of Patan is considered the direct in descent from Anang Pal Tomar the ruler of Delhi before Prithviraj Chauhan.
This city was a war place for many rulers of India. In the eighteenth century the great Maratha warrior Alijah Shrinath Mahdhojirao (alias Mahadji Shinde) won the battle against the Rajput armies of Jaipur. Today's Jaipur and Jodhpur were on one side and on the other side was the army of Shrinath Mahadji Shinde supported by De Boigne.
- Rao Salunji (Saalivaahan)
- Rao Nihaalji
- Rao Dothji (Dohthaji)
- Rao Popatraj ji
- Rao Peepalrajji
- Rao Ranaji
- Rao Alsiji(Aasalji)
- Rao Kamalji (Kavarsi)
- Rao Mahipalji
- Rao Bhopalji, founded the Sarund Mata Temple in 1276, the temple of Kuldevi of Tanwar Rajputs.
- Rao Bachrajji
- Rao Bhaadarji
- Rao Bahadur Singhji
- Rao Prithvirajji
- Rao Kalyaan Ji
- Rao Kumbhaaji
- Rao Baharsiji
- Rao Jagmaalji
- Rao Purnamalji
- Rao Laakhanji
- Rao Loonkaranji
- Rao Kanwalrajji (Kevalji), married and had issue.
- Rao Aasalji
- Rao Kheebu (Pevji)
- Rao Sahamalji
- Rao Karpooriji
- Rao Beekoji
- Rao Chhotaa Aasalji
- Rao Balbhadra Singhji
- Rao Dalpat Singhji
- Rao Pratap Singhji
- Rao Kesri Singhji (Sinhraj)
- Rao Fateh Singhji
- Rao Jaswant Singhji
- Rao Ghaasiramji
- Rao Bamsiramji
- Rao SAMRATH SINGHJI, Rao of Patan -/1757
- Rao SAMPAT SINGHJI, Rao of Patan 1757/1790
- Rao JAWAHAR SINGHJI, Rao of Patan 1790/-
- Rao LAXMAN SINGHJI, Rao of Patan, married and had issue.
- Rao KISHAN SINGHJI, Rao of Patan -/1873, married and had adoptive issue. He died 1873.
- Rao MUKUND SINGHJI, Rao of Patan 1873/-, born about 1861, son of Thakur Pratap Singh, younger brother of Rao Kishan Singh, he succeeded by adoption; married 1882 in Patan, Rani (name unknown), daughter of Thakur Pratap Singh of Diggi, and his third wife, Thakurani Roop Kanwar.
- Rao KHUMAN SINGHJI, Rao of Patan, married and had issue.
- Rao MAHARAJ SINGHJI, Rao of Patan
- Rao Sahib UDAYA SINGH, Rao of Patan, married 1928 in Kathmandu, Rani Thagendra Rajya Lakshmi Kumari Devi, daughter of Gen. HH Shri Tin Maharaja Mohun Shamsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, Prime Minister of Nepal, and had issue.
- Rao Sahib BIR BIKRAM SINGHJI, Rao of Patan -/1991, born 18 August 1932, married 28 April 1960, Rani Sahiba Raghuraj Kumari [presently the Rajmata Sahiba of Patan], daughter of Maharaj Shri Pratap Singhji of Bhupalgarh (Udaipur), and had issue. He died 11 September 1991.
- Rao Sahib DIGVIJAY SINGH, Rao of Patan
Battle of Patan
- J. Digges, "The Rajputana gazetteers", Page 140
- N.G. Rathod, "The Great Maratha Mahadaji Scindia",Page 134
- R.K. Gupta, S.R. Bakshi, "Studies In Indian History: Rajasthan Through The Ages" , page 256