|• Type||Municipal Of GHMC|
|Elevation||522 m (1,713 ft)|
Patancheru, also known as Pathan Cheru, is a name derived from Potla Cheru, it was formed during the time of Nizams, it is also has a corrupt name called, Potla Cheruvu, it is an industrial zone located about 32 km from the city centre on the Hyderabad-Solapur highway, and around 18 km from HITEC City. Earlier, it was the headquarters of Bidar and Gulshanabad revenue divisions. M. Shankar Yadav is the elected Corporator for Patancheru Division. It has a number of temples built between 12th and 15th centuries. Patancheru is home to ICRISAT, and many pharmaceutical manufacturers, which has resulted in local river water being the most drug polluted water in the world.
Patancheru is located at  It has an average elevation of 522 metres (1712 feet). Saki Lake is situated very close to the Patancheru Bus Terminus..
As of 2001[update] India census, Patancheru had a population of 40,332. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Patancheru has an average literacy rate of 65%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 57%. In Patancheru, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There are a number of educational institutions in Patancheru, including the following:
- GITAM University Hyderabad Campus (Rudraram village, Patancheru)
- TRR College of Engineering (INOLE, Patancheru)
- Maheshwara Engineering College
- Maheshwara Institute Of Technology
- zeal computers
- Sri Vani High School
- St. Joseph's High School
- RRS College of Engineering and Technology, Muthangi, Patancheru
- ELLENKI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY-PATELGUDA
There are a number of Banks in Patancheru, including the following:
- State Bank of India
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank Ltd
- Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank<
- Sahara India Pariwar
- UCO Bank
- Central Bank of India
- IDBI Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Maithry Cricket Club
There are two theatres in Patancheru, including the following:
Patancheru is the major industrial hub of Telangana. Industries such as Agarwal Rubber Limited (makers of ARL & MARUTI brand of Tyres & Butyl tubes) and Asian Paints, Aurobindo Pharma,paragon polymer products pvt ltd, hindware,Fenner, Pennar Kirby Building Systems, Rotec Transmissions and Sandvik (MNC) are located in this area. It received a major boost when Indira Gandhi started the Patancheru Industrial park, while serving as the MP of Medak constituency. Patancheru is also home to retailing companies, most of them have warehouses. Dmart, Grofers & Trent have their warehouses and operations activities in Patancheru.
The highest level of drug pollution in water was found in Patancheru in 2009. Researchers found measurable quantities of 21 different manufactured drugs in the water. The pollution results from waste water dumped into the river by the over 90 local pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Political party's promise that they are going to clean the lake in Patancheru as it was polluted with sewage and mix of chemicals from the industries around it as the present and MLA and his TRS government had promised to make it drinkable.
- Mason, Margie (26 January 2009). "World's Highest Drug Pollution Levels Found In Indian Stream". Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Patancheru
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.