|• Type||Municipal Of GHMC|
|Elevation||522 m (1,713 ft)|
Patancheru, also known as Patan Cheruvu, was an industrial zone located about 32 km from the city centre on the Hyderabad-Solapur highway, and around 18 km from HITEC City. Earlier, it was the headquarters of Bidar and Gulshanabad revenue divisions.M. Shankar Yadav is the newly elected Corporator for Patancheru Division and MLA is Gudem Mahipal Reddy. It has a number of temples built between 12th and 15th centuries. Patancheru is home to ICRISAT. The area is also home to a large number of pharmaceutical manufacturers, which has resulted in local river water being the most drug polluted water in the world.It is the most polluted area in continent Asia.
Patancheru is located at  It has an average elevation of 522 metres (1712 feet). Saki Lake is situated very close to the Patancheru Bus Terminus..
As of 2001[update] India census, Patancheru had a population of 40,332. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Patancheru has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 57%. In Patancheru, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
M Shankar Yadav From INC is the corporator of Patancheru Division & Gudem Mahipal Reddy from TRS represents Patancheru as the Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA).M Shankar Yadav is the popular figure of Patancheru .He is famous for non corruption and his good humuor.His blood related son Mahendar Yadav works in a company called Surakasha as daily wage labourer.He is called people's leader
There are a number of educational institutions in Patancheru, including the following:
- GITAM University Hyderabad Campus (Rudraram village,Patancheru)
- TRR College of Engineering ( INOLE, Patancheru )
- St. Stanley College of Engg & Technology
- Ellenki Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Turbomachinery Institute of Technology & Sciences
- Maheshwara Engineering College
- Maheshwara Institute Of Technology
- Sri Vani High School.
- St. Joseph's High School
- shanthi nikethan high school
- Zilla Parishad schools
Patancheru is the major Industrial hub of Telangana. Major industries like Asian Paints, Aurobindo Pharma, Fenner, Pennar Kirby Building Systems, Rotec Transmissions and Sandvik (MNC) are located in this area. It received a major boost when Indira Gandhi served as the MP of Medak constituency, when she started the Industrial park in Patancheru.
The highest level of drug pollution in water was found in Pantacheru in 2009. Researchers found measurable quantities of 21 different manufactured drugs in the water. The pollution results from waste water dumped into the river by the over 90 local pharmaceutical manufacturers. Recently as of 2016 the pollution is so high that ground water has become sticky and completely unusable for domestic usage.
- Mason, Margie (26 January 2009). "World's Highest Drug Pollution Levels Found In Indian Stream". Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Patancheru
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- G.Vijay: “Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals in South India: Sun-Rise Industrialisation or Global Cost Shifting of Dirty Goods Manufacturing”, in Hans Lofgren and Prakash Sarangi (eds) (2009) The Politics and Culture of Globalisation: India and Australia, Social Science Press, New Delhi.
- G.Vijay: ‘Other side of Industrialisation’, in D’Souza Rohan (ed.,) (2012): Environment, Technology and Development; Critical and Subversive Essays, Orient BlackSwan, Economic and Political Weekly and Tata Institute of Social Sciences; New Delhi.
- G.Vijay: ‘Systemic Failure of Regulation: The Political Economy of Pharmaceutical and Bulk Drug Manufacturing’ in Hans Lofgren (ed) (2013)The politics of the pharmaceutical industry and access to medicines : world pharmacy and India, Social Science Press, New Delhi.