|First appearance||Swamp Thing #2 (Dec. 1972-Jan. 1973)|
|Created by||Len Wein
|Notable aliases||Gregori Arcane|
|Abilities||Super strength and invulnerability.|
The Patchwork Man first appeared in Swamp Thing #2 (Dec. 1972-Jan. 1973). He was believed to have been killed in the next issue. Three years later, the character was revived and was to have become an ongoing feature in the House of Secrets series but only appeared in one issue. In 1983, Semic Press published the 10-page story "Night of the Rat" in the Swedish comic book series Gigant. This story featuring the Patchwork Man was to have been published in House of Secrets but has never appeared in a U.S. comic book.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2013)|
Patchwork Man was the second foe to fight the Swamp Thing. He had been Gregori Arcane, the brother of Anton Arcane, another of the Swamp Thing's foes, until he was killed after stepping on a land mine. His brother Anton repaired his mutilated body and reanimated it. The result was a monster, the Patchwork Man.
Gregori went insane and Anton locked him in with his second series of Un-Men. In Swamp Thing #3, the Swamp Thing engages the Patchwork Man in battle while endeavouring to rescue Abby. Due to his injuries and transformation into a monster, the Patchwork Man could only remember that Abby was his daughter and that he was to rescue her. He falls to his apparent death, and the Swamp Thing and Abby go on to other adventures.
He is believed to have died in a severe storm, where his body fell apart, to be found by Abby.
- "Patchwork Man (Gregori Arcane)". The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe. n.d. Archived from the original on September 2, 2012.
- Wein, Len (w), Wrightson, Bernie (p), Wrightson, Bernie (i). "The Man Who Wanted Forever" Swamp Thing 2 (December 1972-January 1973)
- Wein, Len (w), Wrightson, Bernie (p), Wrightson, Bernie (i). "The Patchwork Man" Swamp Thing 3 (February-March 1973)
- Conway, Gerry (w), Redondo, Nestor (p), Redondo, Nestor (i). "Reprise: The Patchwork Man" House of Secrets 140 (February-March 1976)
- Kingman, Jim (January 26, 2010). "DC Shake-Up (and fallout): The Patchwork Man". Comics Bulletin. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015.
Despite the potential, the great artwork, the intriguing cast, and the interesting plot points, House of Secrets was suddenly 'canceled' after issue #140 – The Patchwork Man’s first and only appearance in what was meant to be an ongoing run in the series.
- "Gigant #3/1983". Grand Comics Database.
Story titled 'Night of the Rat' announced in House of Secrets #140, but has not been printed in USA.
- Bissette, Stephen R. (w), Veitch, Rick (p), Alcala, Alfredo (i). "Reunion" Swamp Thing v2, 59 (April 1987)
|This article about a DC Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|