Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Patent, patent, patently, or patency in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A patent is a set of rights granted by a government to an inventor.
Types of intellectual property patents
- Biological patent
- Business method patent
- Chemical patent
- Design patent for an ornamental design or shape
- Software patent
- Utility model, also known as a "petty patent," "innovation patent," "minor patent," or "small patent"
Other meanings of patent
- Letters patent, a type of legal instrument issued by a monarch or president, generally granting an office, right, monopoly, title, or status to a person or corporation
- Land patent, a land grant, such as in a patented mining claim
- Patent leather, a shiny form of leather originally produced by a patented process
- Patent medicine, medical compounds of questionable effectiveness sold under a variety of names and labels
- Patent bet, in the UK, a wager on three selections and consisting of 7 separate bets
- In medicine and biology, patent implies open, unobstructed, expanded, e.g. patent ductus arteriosus
- In botany, patent means standing normal (at 90 degrees of angle) to the axis, see Glossary of botanical terms#patent
- Plant Patent Act, legislation allowing plant breeds to be patented in the United States
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Patent.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.